Monday, August 3, 2009

Lunch With Frances !






This is a visit with Frances today at the re hab center. It shows what a smart and quick witted woman she is and how well she is coping with all her temporary adversities. You can hear her room mate's daughters in the back ground as well. I tried to go outside and adjust the small stand that holds a pine cone with peanut butter on it to attract birds to her window , although the only success I had was to set off several alarms on the back gate to the facility. Frances is a delight to be around and to talk to (at.)




If I can be half as sharp as her at her age, I will feel like my life has been a success. You never, EVER hear a complaint from Frances. Her wonderful attitude is what will get her well quicker than anything...therefore she is already well on the road to a full recovery.




After lunch we went to the lobby to get on line and Frances read her email, checked her bank account and sent off a few emails to relatives. To see a woman of her age typing away on the keyboard of a computer is amazing to me. Staying connected with her this way is fabulous, especially with her being so hard of hearing. I told her I might put her on youtube and see if she could get more hits than Susan Powell. She quickly corrected me that it was Susan "Boyle" on Britain's Got Talent.




Dang, she is sharper than me by far...Susan Powell is a friend of my sister's and I got the two names mixed up. Leave it to Frances to know exactly who I was "TRYING" to talk about !




Every time we are in the lobby, visitors and staff members constantly comment on how impressed they are with Frances' computer skills. Her therapist came and found her pecking away on the lap top ... said he had been looking all over for her and should have known she would be in the lobby on line!




Massey and I said we would take the lap top back to her room and let her get to therapy.




When we found her in therapy, the therapist was attaching weights to her ankles for a work out. Frances looked up at us when we walked in the room and said in her cute, scratchy voice "Shackles and chains!" The therapist cracked up and said what a delight Frances was to be around. I couldn't agree with him more. She has made many friends and fans during her stint here and many know her by name or simply as the "the computer lady."




I wish we had met her years ago, we only reconnected through our family website a few short years ago. Regardless I love her as if I have known her my entire life time and it feels that way as well.




I feel lucky to have her in my life now and am grateful she has accepted us with such open arms and heart. A more delightful visit you will never have than one to see this awe inspiring spit fire. The video wouldn't upload because I filmed too long, but will go back tomorrow for a shorter version that I can post...stay tuned



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Who are you kidding.
They will know YOUR name
before we get out of rehab.
They will start the chain of
notice that YOU are now in
the building. WHO someone
will say.....You know that crazy
girl with that hair that sticks up
all on the top of her head,
you know the one that said we steal
teeth right out of the patients mouths,
you know the one who came in with the huge
tool box and we thought was a new
employee, you know the one that chained that
laptop to the bed, you know the
one that kept setting the alarm off
because she wanted some birds to
get some peanut butter. YOU KNOW!!
I do know and when is 803 going home????
:>) :>) :>) :>)
What a bright spot you are. And thanks for
being YOU. Like no one else could do.
Love.