Monday, August 10, 2009

Like Seven Inches From the Noon Day Sun

Boy what a day off! Went to the bank to make a deposit, found out I was rapidly increasing in the black column (much to the surprise of the teller...she probably had a bet going with another employee.) and went back home to work in the yards.

Like an idiot I usually start around 11:30 AM. I guess it's the JAWJA girl in me. I just love to work hard in the hot sunshine and feel the sweat of my labor. Feel it I did.

I told my husband I was going to cut the entrance to the trailer park. (Ha Ha) We have a really nice subdivision but somehow I am the only one driving in every day that notices when it needs to be cut. I've been working a lot and haven't had the time to go cut it . You would think that the homeowners assoc. president would have someone come do it, but his wife probably said "That crazy looking woman with the hair has GOT to have a a day off coming up soon...let's just wait her out, I know the two foot tall grass is KILLING her!"

BINGO!

I had to cut it. This is the entrance to my own home and surrounding ones that hurt or help the impression of the entire subdivision.

So I cut, weed eat and pick up trash tossed carelessly out of passing cars. Today almost got me ...heat index of 94 degrees and me being totally worn out from a thirteen day work week.

But guess who got it done? ME !

Guess who enjoys driving in and out of the subdivision now? ME!

Guess who is calling the pres of the Homeowners Ass. tomorrow asking politely for some compensation for the two years of work that I have done for free? ME!!

As I sit and type this, I can actually smell how rank I smell...but it is a satisfying "RANK."

Going upstairs for a hot bubble bath, ironing my work shirt for tomorrow , waking up early to make blueberry muffins for the kids before school and taking a few of them to Frances before I go to work.

Another day, without another dollar..but I am going to work on THAT one!

Til next time...Stinky Cotton

1 comment:

Joannah said...

You don't pay dues or anything to this "homeowners ASSociation", do you? And I love reading about Frances, as well as seeing her! And I think you two are definately cut from the same cloth. Thanks for all the fabulous reads.