Saturday, March 14, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire..."WOW"!!!

Just got home from the most intense two hours I've ever spent in a theatre.

My sixteen year old son and I went for a night out...just the two of us and were not disappointed in the least. It's been a while since we have seen eye to eye on anything, but after the movie my son said "That was pretty intense".

After the movie was over everyone just remained in their seats to watch even the credits roll.

My daughter's doctor grew up in Bombay and has told me the conditions were not the greatest for many, many people and now I see exactly what she means.

I have never been disgusted and disappointed by so many people in such a short time and learned how blessed I and my family are during that same span.

The obstacles and tragedy of his entire childhood...his perseverance and determination to do the right thing and his wonderful and unwavering good character made me realize the power of the human spirit.

For those who have not seen it...it is a MUST SEE!

I don't often spend $19 for two tickets to a movie, but feel this was pretty darn close to being well worth it.

From the opening scene to the dance scene at the end...it was an experience I will not forget.

It makes you realize that even with our crumbling economy and ridiculous health care system...we are still pretty darn lucky.

The last movie that touched me this much was "Crash"...another movie that will open your eyes to the world around you.

Say a prayer of thanks tonight that you are lucky enough to live here...even with all the problems, worries and crises...we are more blessed than many.

TIL NEXT TIME...COTTON

No comments: