Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Good, The Bad...and The Lazy

Last night my house was filled as usual with not only my three kids, but the neighbor's kids as well. I was going up the steps in the living room with an armload of clothes that were clean and folded. I remarked to my soon to be sixteen year old son that I wanted all of the clothes that I held to be properly put in drawers or hung in the closet. I remarked that I felt sometimes they just let them sit around so long that they eventually got shoved back into the hamper before they had even been worn...much less put up at all. Sometimes I find them back in the dirty clothes again...STILL FOLDED!!

My next door neighbor's son made the remark...let me see if I can remember it correctly.

"DUDE !! Are you too lazy to unfold them before you throw them in the basket? THAT is a dead give away"!!

I don't know what bothered me more...the fact that they are recycling clean clothes just so they don't have to put them up...or the fact that my neighbor's kid thought that my son was so dense that he didn't know that you UNFOLD the clothes before you throw them back into the laundry pile.

SURELY.....maybe I mean HOPEFULLY, my kids aren't the only ones doing this (besides my neighbor's son).

What in the world are kids thinking , when they work harder at a plan to not put up clean clothes...than just taking the small effort to do the job at hand?


AND MY KIDS WONDER WHY THEY DON'T GET AN ALLOWANCE!!

Instead of an allowance...I have thought about charging them when they are lazy. Charging them when they don't load the dishwasher. But of course they would have to borrow the money to pay me with from their father.

My solution has been this. If you want clean clothes...take them to the laundry room and do them yourself.

I am on strike in the laundry department (even as I type this post...the dryer is humming behind me with my 22 year old son's clothes that he did himself , spinning to my satisfaction).

For the most part, my kids are GOOD, some of the time they can be BAD...and a LOT of the time they can be LAZY.

Unfortunately...I seem to be stuck with them, and have had to make some MAJOR changes in regard to my title of "She'll Do Everything if We Let Her."

Things seem to be looking up, the kids are responding fairly well. I guess that running out of "undies" has it's good points when you are a mother of three.

When pushed...it is AMAZING what the Good, the Bad and the Lazy can accomplish.

Of course they are probably having secret meetings behind my back to come up with another plan of action....lucky for me; they are too lazy to come up with an idea that could fool me. You know what they say..."FOOL ME ONCE..."

Till next time ...COTTON

No comments: