Thursday, October 18, 2012

Taking "Zig"ventory

Our newest little boxer is a demon you  gotta love. As bad as he is he's just so stinking cute you have to love him. Here's a pic of him taking a nap with my son after Zach got off from work. Just click on the picture and look at that sweet face, how could you not love him?

He loves the older two dogs and except when asleep is always and I mean ALWAYS pestering them.

Let's take an inventory. As of yesterday he has eaten four TV remotes, three pair of reading glasses, two coke cans, one beer can and  numerous water bottles;  not to mention too many empty toilet paper rolls and shoes to count and two of the three plants I 'HAD' in my living room. Add in my door mat from the back porch...Zach's stocking hat,  the stick of butter he ate off the kitchen counter last night along with the pack of ten large flour tortillas and half of the plastic package they came in.

Dang! You'd think he would be getting full!

I got home from work tonight and told my husband I guess I need to feed him more. Tim's reply was "Why? He seems to be eating twenty four /seven."

Oh... let's don't forget about the book I am currently reading which I borrowed from my sister. It is 641 pages long and now in 641 pieces. At least every page is still  there and readable...only the back cover is missing. (Guess that part was REALLY tasty) It took me over an hour to put every page back in order but also takes into account how many times I smacked Ziggy on the butt with the book I had to piece back together. I think I'll tell my sister we had a tornado hit but I was fortunate enough to recover every page...and "Ain't she the lucky one!"

Here's the thing. We got  Ziggy at a really low point in our life. We couldn't afford to buy a pure bred boxer and basically got him for free. The other two dogs (after sniffing his butt for two hours) decided they liked him and so did we. He's such a  kid. He's such a baby and he is so freaking cute!

He's slowly getting better...at least now when he does something wrong he scrambles under the living room table which is less than a foot off the ground. The top is glass and he looks up at us like "I really didn't mean it! I love it here a lot and just look how cute I am?"

You know, it's not like my house is a mansion...I've raised three kids and four dogs here and have holes in some walls and stains to support the fact. We've had good times and we've had some bad. Now we have Ziggy's smiling face and horrible antics to remind us..."Love is all you need."

I love all three of my kids. They have torn up and broken a lot of things; they have disappointed me but  also brought me the greatest joys a mother could ever imagine.

When one of my kids did something wrong or bad, they always looked at me (after I bailed them out...sometimes literally) with a face and a seriously tight hug, which told me they not only loved me but appreciated me. Sometimes it was a project for school  they forgot to tell me was due that very morning, sometimes it was a mistake they were afraid to admit they made.

Webster's defines appreciate as "To realize the quality, significance, or magnitude of."

I think at the tender age of almost fifty three, all three of my kids have finally gotten it.

Ziggy still needs some help but who doesn't?  It's been an epiphany for me.

I have finally realized the quality, significance and magnitude of my life and it is pretty  stinking awesome!

Til next time...COTTON







No comments: