Saturday, August 1, 2009

Boys Night

Was at work tonight when Zach called to say he was having a bon fire in the back yard (thank goodness I got off early.)

Massey slept til almost one today...I guess she was giving that knee some extra rest! Actually she had been getting up at 5:30 AM every morning for the past week and practicing til 9:00 every night. Then she stayed up until after midnight with all her friends. I guess she WAS tired!

I wanted for me and Massey to go see Frances, but she slept late and after all the recent rain I had to cut grass. I cut my yard (an acre) and my older neighbor's (another acre) and had to weed eat of course...weed eating makes a yard look fabulous in my book! Nice and trim with everything looking nicely manicured.

I came home to a HUGE bon fire in my fire pit in the back yard. The flames were at least ten feet high. My son and the neighbor's son had lugged out all of Massey's old bedroom furniture out of the garage, two dining room chairs that were broken and anything else they could find.

I'll have to admit I was a little nervous until I ran the garden hose out into the backyard (just in case).

I didn't need it til about five minutes ago when I doused the fire...after all the furniture had burned to a glowing ember, but still hot.

The boys had a ball and I got my garage cleaned out. Even the next door neighbor threw a dresser over the back fence for me to burn.


Boys and a fire...the two seem to go hand in hand.

Massey is resting up once again to go to Six Flags with one of her guard friends tomorrow who has a free ticket for her.

I am going to the re hab to see Frances in the morning and going to take my camera that takes videos as well to post you all a clip of this fascinating and amazing woman. Don't worry, you won't be disappointed.

At least the boys had a good time...I got rid of a lot of crap out of my garage and my fire pit is ready for the fast approaching fall season.

With the fire ball going in the back yard it made it really easy to read my book without turning on any lights at all.

Til next time...COTTON

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Send those boys my way.
I have LOTS of junk to burn!
And since I love to read I could
save on electricity as well.
However, I am like you....I would
have been so nervous seeing
that huge fireball.
Maybe Massey can get in all the
handicap lines with her BAD knee.
I am sure Six Flags have those. :>)
Love to you.

Joannah said...

much better than the day I came home from a shift and Erik and his buddy has my folks back yard on fire! He soon became one of our co-workers, too much time on his hands. BTW- Has Zack had a dishwashing gig yet?