Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

I learned last year, after just recently moving to Orlando that it's hard getting into the spirit of Christmas when is eighty four degrees outside and you're still wearing flip flops every single day.

Massey and I took this picture last year, the day before Christmas Eve, when we both got sunburned after an afternoon on Cocoa Beach together.

Surreal for these Georgia natives!


                                 This was us two years ago right before Christmas Eve.


We moved here the last week of September, 2016. We have yet to turn the heat on in our house. The closest we've come to being cold is having to turn the living room fan off.


I'm gonna be honest...I like it!



I haven't put on a coat since moving here. I've worn a sweater maybe three times.


Last year I couldn't get into Christmas at all. Seemed crazy to me  they were playing "The weather outside is frightful..." on the radio while I was sitting on a beach in a swimsuit.


I remember a manager from work, who was from the north, telling me I'd get used to it sooner than later.

They were right...I did.

I've also quickly gotten used to hurricane preparedness. This was our spare bedroom this past summer the day before Irma hit. We had to take the bed apart to make room for everything from our patio and yards, front and back.



We're  headed back on Friday morning for Georgia to watch our girl walk with her class at her college graduation on Saturday. Temps are perdicted to be in the twenties.

Yikes!

It will feel good to have Christmas temps again, especially knowing it's only for a day or two.




It's going to be wonderful and have all three of our kiddos around us again for the first time in several years...albeit wearing coats, hats and scarves.


As I so quickly grow older, realize more and more about not only my life, but my kids' lives as well.



'I'm growing tired and time stands still before me
Frozen here on the ladder of my life'






Till next time...COTTON

No comments: