Monday, December 11, 2017

All Coming Together


The last time we took a family photo together was when TJ left for Australia, probably over five years ago. At least this one has a much better background and are all in a much better place in life.











Our girl, Massey got Gradiated this past weekend. We headed back to Georgia and ended up with almost ten inches of snow around the university where she was to graduate.

Graduation was cancelled for Saturday afternoon at three and moved to Sunday evening at six.

Huge flag on the play!


You can't stop us...we went right ahead with her graduation party on Saturday night at my sisters' house. All our friends from north and west of us were snowed in and couldn't attend but had a great turnout, with about twenty five of us celebrating Massey's wonderful accomplishment of getting her college degree.


             
One of her besties decorated her mortarboard and did an outstanding job!


My sister(of course) outdid herself with a huge pot of chili and  huge pot of vegetable beef soup. I simply chopped green onions, japs (restaurant lingo) and made some cornbread.


It was so nice to have all three of my kids together again and be with both my sibs as well.




I pretty much think everyone had a great time. There were friends from our past and friends we've made since.

The saying is true..."Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other one's gold."


To be surrounded by our three kids again was a wonderful feeling. It's been way too long.







The snow put a hitch in our plans for her graduation ceremony. TJ and his lil fam had to miss graduation and so did my brother since it was put off until Sunday evening but Saturday night was our graduation party, for her as well as us...for surviving!

If there is one thing I can say about being a member of the family I was lucky enough to born into, is that it's the best jump start in life you could ever be lucky enough to get.

Lucky for me, I did get it. 


















It was such a wonderful weekend, even with all the weather issues. Our daughter graduated with her college degree and both my sibs were there to help celebrate. All three of my kids were there as well and we were surrounded by our friends, old and new.


Life doesn't get much luckier than that.





"The once in a lifetime kind of people."

Those are the peeps you want to be lucky enough to have love you. Always surround yourself with them and everything will be alright.



I asked my husband tonight to think of a song which (to him) best described being born as a Leach  (my maiden name) or how my family considers the grand scheme of life?




He thought for about maybe three minutes and came up with this:







Seems I chose a good man to marry and dance with through life.

He gets me...and he gets my family.

I've never asked him, but think he feels pretty lucky to have fallen in with us along his own way through life.













                                          We came into life separately  but are conquering it... together.







                        Huge congrats to Massey, our first college graduate! Go far and aim higher.

                                    We know you will; always know we have your back.




                                                                  Go gettum kid!






   She came into this world twenty two years ago, almost three months early and nearly killing us both.

                                                                And now I know why.





                 I'm the luckiest woman on this planet and don't ever think I do not realize that.

I relish every moment of my life . The good times, the bad times and the times it took to get from one to the other.


Til next time...

A mighty grateful COTTON



No comments: