Wednesday, December 27, 2017

The Birthday Boy

                 Today is my brothers' birthday. A greater guy, you'll never meet. Truest fact ever.

He is the funniest person I've ever met and that's saying something, considering think I'm a pretty funny person as well, although my kids and husband beg to differ.





He's got the quickest wit ever and knows how to make you laugh...even when you don't feel like it.




                                  He's not only a great brother but a pretty great uncle as well.








           All three of our kids think the world of their Uncle Chris and don't blame them one bit.


He's helped them all out at one time or another and never given it a second thought. They all have tremendous respect for Chris as does every person who knows him. He'll practice tough love when it's needed but always comes through for them...and for me as well.




He's so much like our Diddy in every single way except for the fact our father never drank or smoked and Chris enjoys a good cigar as well as a cold cocktail.

He's a hard worker just like Diddy was. He has a huge heart just like Diddy did. He detests discrimination and social injustice just as Diddy did and would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it, also the way Diddy was. He's honest, sometimes brutally so, if the situation calls for it...once again just like our Diddy.


When we were little, squabbled like siblings do but always had each others' back. Ever since mama died, when I had  just turned seventeen, my brother and sister have been exactly where they are in the photo below of us...on either side of me.



                                      It's been almost forty years now, and still remain by my side.





                                                 Life doesn't get much luckier than that.



Both my brother and sister have done much more for me than I have ever done for them but never act smug about it. They are both just taking care of their little sister, like my parents taught them to do.


I try and do nice things for them as often as I can and for a few years, while working my cash cow job at the airport, managed to at least give them both a couple of nicer Christmas and birthday presents.

But here's the even better thing. It doesn't seem to bother them, or at least don't make me feel like it does.




We were raised by the most loving, caring, funny, smart and giving couple...and it rubbed off.



So Happy Birthday to my most awesome brother. You've always been a hoot to be around. This world certainly needs more people like you in it.






                            




                           He was the cutest little kid as well; he made Beaver Cleaver look ugly.




                                                                      (Same shirt)                


(Different year)









                Life doesn't get much better than being a part of this crazy and kooky Clan.


                  And the ride has certainly been a lot more fun with a brother like Chris.


                                                  Happy Sixty First Birthday Dude!

                                                      ...and thanks for loving me.

Til next time...Cotton







No comments: