Saturday, May 31, 2014

Time For Another Hat Switch

Worked from eleven yesterday morning until nine last night at my home restaurant. Went back in at ten thirty this morning and got off a little after ten tonight, not sure if my feet will ever quit throbbing. Have to be up before six in the morning to leave the house by six thirty for the airport.

It's a good thing I'm already crazy because if I wasn't, would be soon. I only have to do this a few short months and all should be good...small price to pay in my book.

The lunch shift was pretty good. I had a one hour break and screamed home for thirty minutes. Great timing, Tim was just pulling burgers off the grill. I sat with Massey and scarfed down a burger while we chatted about her leaving for camp this afternoon.

She's going to be a counselor at Girl Scout Camp this summer and be gone all of June and July. I hugged and kissed her this morning before leaving for work in case I couldn't swing by the house to see her off this afternoon. At least I had thirty minutes with her to make sure she had everything she needed and give her a bit more cash to take with her for mad money until she got her first paycheck.

Got back to work in record time and the bottom dropped out. By four thirty I had at least five tables going and more piling in the door. There's a new girl training, most probably helping fill the gap I'll leave in the schedule when I go from six shifts a week to four. I worked with her over thirteen years ago at the restaurant I still call "Western Sizzler" so she's a pretty competent server, just needs to learn the massive menu and how to work along side the crazy Italians we work for. Since I was the only one on the floor she followed me and  let her ring in all my orders to learn the computer system. She was a tremendous help to me and couldn't have handled all the tables they sat me without her help.

When I cashed out with Barb in the office around ten I left my trainee a twenty for helping. I should have left more but times are tough and considering she wasn't expecting anything should be pretty happy when she comes in next and Barb gives it to her.

 I know all about training for a new job , it's hard when you aren't walking out with tip money every night...trust me! I'm currently doing it now and last week made it through  with five bucks to my name to spare when I got on the Marta train to go home.

Luckily I get paid at the end of the month for cutting the subdivision entrance and that money will get me though til Tuesday when it's payday at my home restaurant. That paycheck will get me through until Friday when I go back to my home restaurant after training all week again at the airport and wait tables all day Friday and Saturday.

I am really good at pulling a rabbit out of a hat and flying by the seat of my pants. If times get too tough my boys will always do help us out.

If I can just learn all this crap for the new gig we'll be set in a week or so. I'm fixing to fill out three tests I have to take with me tomorrow morning when I return to the airport gig.

Holy crap, I just get dizzy thinking about it!

Here's the thing about me...

Over the past few years we've learned when times are tough sometimes you have to scramble, rearrange, prearrange, prioritize, always pray and never be ashamed to accept help. Be sincere, always work hard and good things will eventually come your way. Call it Karma or the Golden Rule but if you give it your best, you'll be okay. Maybe not immediately but eventually.



When I find myself in times of trouble
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
And in my hour of darkness
She is standing right in front of me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
Let it be, let it be.
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.

And when the broken hearted people
Living in the world agree,
There will be an answer, let it be.
For though they may be parted there is
Still a chance that they will see
There will be an answer, let it be.
Let it be, let it be. Yeah
There will be an answer, let it be.

And when the night is cloudy,
There is still a light that shines on me,
Shine on until tomorrow, let it be.
I wake up to the sound of music
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
Let it be, let it be.
There will be an answer, let it be.
Let it be, let it be,
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.



I'm simply going to "Let it Be".

My life IS what it is. No one can change it but me. I have to listen for words of wisdom and there WILL be an answer!

Til next time... COTTON

No comments: