Friday, July 29, 2011

Johnny is in the ICU ...

Johnny is sick. He won't even turn over when I try the key...no response,  not even a groan.  At first I thought  he was just being stubborn and  jealous of my convertible "Betty the Beemer" but after the surgeon Dr. Slocum came over and diagnosed him with a dead battery I felt kinda bad. The surgeon installed a new battery and that didn't help. Geez...I hope it isn't a tumor or stage four lawn mower cancer. Granted I HAVE been showing Betty a lot more attention, but I don't ride Johnny to work and he only has to work a couple of days a week whereas Betty gets me around all day ...every day. Now the surgeon thinks it may be the safety switch. I have my fingers crossed that will fix the problem. My front yard looks like a cemetery  that has been neglected and my back yard looks like a jungle,  proving my theory that dog poop is an excellent fertilizer.

My surgeon doubles as a flight attendant and has a trip tomorrow...obviously he doesn't understand the dire need I have to hear ole Johnny cranked and cuttin'. I don't have a lot of spare time and what spare time I DO have has to be used wisely. Guess I'll have to show ole Johnny some special attention when he gets back on his feet/ tires. Sounds like a Lube Job is needed!!!

Is it sad that I almost love my lawn mower more than my car? Is it sadder that my kid's are barely ahead of my car and lawn mower ? Is it even MORE sad that my husband comes in sixth? I actually love my husband more than life but rarely tell him  (no reason to spoil him when the lawn mower and car can't tell on me.)

Hoping for a firm diagnosis this weekend and we can all can go back to the normal pecking order. Me in charge, Tim thinking he is, the kid's hoping I am and the dog's just grateful to be fed and petted. So far Johnny and Betty haven't complained about having to sleep in the garage...

Til next time Crazy Cotton!

No comments: