Friday, January 7, 2011

Here It Comes... (So they say)



ALERT ALERT...


Snow forcasted for Georgia.


It started out 2" quickly went to 4" and now some are saying up to a foot of snow in North Central Georgia.


If it snows a foot in Georgia call out FEMA and call it a disaster.


We are Southerner's and over three inches shuts the city down.


I can kinda understand it. We aren't engineered to survive in heavy snow. No one has snow tires or snow blowers here...we barely have snow flakes.


If it hits like some are predicting...get your candles and sleeping bags out.


I am sure the grocery stores are already crazy and I suppose I will join their frantic shopping frenzy tomorrow morning after I take Massey to her 9 to 9 practice at the school .


They will probably be out of bread and milk before I get there. We don't fool around in the South. You mention snow and we all scream to the store like there will never be another day above 12 degrees.


I inventoried my cabinets tonight. We have 2 cans of chicken noodle soup and a few cans of tomatoes. A full box of saltines and some random cans of Navy beans and Pintos.


Throw in half a pack of hot dogs and some lunch meat and we're set for the blizzard (NOT).


I really had the money I made today earmarked for bills...just wondering if I should freak out with the rest of the city and use it for some food and candles?


I guess I'll use the half hearted approach and just buy some basics.


I remember one time when I was a kid and an ice storm hit. It wasn't pretty, we lost power for three days and all slept on the living room floor in front of the gas logs (that put out NO heat).


So do I pay Verizon or stock up on grub?


I'll give it til tomorrow night to decide. I don't have a lot of food in the house, but if you can consider stewed tomatoes, cream of mushroom soup and an unopened jar of mayonnaise staples, we're set!


People in the South freak out if you even mention sleet. Mention a foot of snow and you start a run on not only the grocery store but Lowe's and Home Depot.


Hey, at least the local economy will get a boost!


It can do whatever it wants...just don't let the power go out.


I still have two teens at home and the thought of having them without hair straightener's and Facebook is just too much to fathom.


Do what you want, Mr. Winter?


Just don't make me suffer through a storm with teens with no Internet or way to straighten their hair.... That would just be cruel and unusual punishment.


We can always eat the hair gel products...it'll kinda be like Jello and God forbid, if I have to sit by candle light and play Spades with my cheating, sand bagging 18 year old son I may go mad (madder than I already am).


I am reciting the Serenity Prayer over and over (just in case).


Update tomorrow...


They say we have another day before "The Storm of the Century" reeks havoc on my house and reminds me why I gave my husband a vasectomy for a Christmas present 15 years ago.


Til the storm hits...COTTON








No comments: