Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I Wish Lysol Made a BOMB...

Tim got out of bed today for the first time since Saturday morning. Massey got sick last Wednesday, tested positive for Strep on Thursday. Tim came home from work on Saturday morning sick and Zach came home from wherever he was on Saturday night sick.

I am sicker than ANY of them. I am sick of hearing their coughs. I am sick of seeing them lay around feeling miserable. I am sick of washing towels and scrubbing bath rooms.

I guess I am too mean to get sick (Thank the Lord for small blessings.)

It took Massey all weekend to feel better...Amoxicillin helped tremendously.

Zach never had a sore throat just a fever and a cough that made me cringe. Tim obviously had Typhoid Fever. He rarely gets sick but when he does he is ALWAYS seemingly at Death's door. He stayed sequestered in our bedroom...that I haven't slept in  since Saturday for fear of catching his "Disease." He would make an appearance once a day looking rougher than Otis Campbell after a week long bender. He would get something to drink and return to the "Dungeon of Disease."

Looking back I am tempted to blame it all on my oldest son who came by two weeks ago sicker than sin and stayed for three days, hacking his germs all over the place. I know that when kids get sick...even though they are 24 they love to be at home where they feel taken care of and know that at least some soup will be in the kitchen cabinet. TJ got lucky and we even had some NyQuil.  He started off staying in his old room on the bottom floor of our house but as he began to feel worse he felt he needed the sofa in the living room (which also has a cable box with 400 channels.) I bet he watched fifty movies while hacking his germs all over the second floor of the house. Once he had watched every movie on cable he decided to leave.

Oh,  he "Left" alright! He left his germs to infiltrate my house, infiltrate my other two kids and age me ten years.

I am not sure why I didn't get sick...and don't want to jinx myself by even wondering.

 I think after you  raise three kids a mom is immune to almost everything there is.

I had to work again tonight...I gave myself a day of doing nothing but watching TV and washing clothes. By 4:00  I felt like I had had a vacation and could go into work feeling a bit refreshed.

Massey has decided to do another season of Guard after her coach sent me an email about her talent and devotion and broke us down with another offer of a half scholarship. There was a meeting at the school for Guard tonight that was mandatory for parents. I had to work and Tim was sleeping off the last of his Typhoid Fever before returning to work.

Massey pulled out her big guns and talked her Uncle into taking her to the meeting. My brother in law went as a "Guard Uncle" and stood in for me. I told my sister on the phone tonight after work that we would get her husband a tee shirt that said "Guard Uncle Gone Wild."

So my house is a wreck...more sheets are in the washer. Lysol has taken over as air freshener and I am getting up in the morning (still sleeping on the sofa) to try and rid my house of the last of this deadly curse that has been hovering over our heads for the past two weeks.

If I ever experience a normal day again I won't know how to react. I am used to the crazy bizarre life I have been living for the past year and have even gotten used to the fact that "NORMAL" left my vocabulary and my existence a long long time ago.

What is even MORE bizarre is that it is starting to feel NORMAL!

Oops...the dryer just buzzed. Time to shove in another load and spray some more Lysol.

Til next time..."Cautious COTTON"

No comments: