Wednesday, May 12, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY..."Franny"

So today is Frances' birthday!!

The most wonderful new addition to our family. I met her a few years back at the family reunion at my sister's house. This was back when my Dad was still alive and I really don't remember much about her at the reunion. Massey was still pretty young and I had to leave during the reunion to go work the Fall festival at the elementary school
where both my younger kids still attended.

When she first really burst on the scene in my life was when she had a botched medical procedure and had to go to a re hab facility after open heart surgery. Her nieces were worried about her being alone and my sister and I promised them both that we would keep a close eye on her since we were the only relatives living close by.

What a blessing that botched procedure turned out to be!

My sister and I took turns visiting and often met each other in Frances' room at re hab. We grew to know this woman and immediately fell in love with her.

Massey went with me on many trips over and even Zach went a few times.

The stories from Frances' stint in re hab still make me laugh (probably the people in the re hab office not so much) but it was a couple of months of getting to know Frances and finding a new member of the family that we couldn't do without with now.


She has wheedled her way into our hearts and has a special place in our soul.

She makes us laugh and makes us realize what a determined person can do...no matter what your age or condition ...it is all in your mind set, your faith and your willingness to strive and survive.
Frances is one of the most incredible women I have ever met. My whole family has fallen in love with this latest addition to the family tree. We have seen what she is capable of and have all been amazed at what she can do when she sets her mind to it.
She's a pistol.. and she shoots it straight.
When I was having a pity party over losing my job and drowning in debt..she told me "Enough of the negative!" You know what? She was sooo right!
When you're down...don't look down...look UP!

She is a country woman with country values and country morals.
That makes for an exceptional human being in my book and I am sure God has her a penthouse reserved upstairs for when she finally kicks it in 30 years!
She is savvy on the computer and even savvier with her wit. She is a fireball that will put you in your place in a heart beat and will love you like no body's business.
She is one of the reasons that I got off my sorry butt and got back to the real world when I lost my job and thought I was losing my mind.
So she is turning forty today...LOL...LMBO..ROTFL (I'll get back to you ,Frances with all this 'Massey' speak) and I have the incredible honor of knowing, loving and admiring this woman who can jump over hurdles like they are pebbles in the road of life.
She is sharp as a tack and can prick you with that tack when you need it.
She encourages you and slaps you around when you need it.
I really think my Mother is sighing in relief up in Heaven knowing that God sent Frances our way.
Happy Birthday, Frances and "Thank you" for giving ME a gift...the gift of getting to know you and reaping the reward of your years of wisdom and practicality.
You are so dear and special to all of us..."Where the heck WERE you all this time before we met ...Bingo?"
Have a wonderful day and know that our "Leach" family is glad they have finally gotten a matriarch back.
Keep cracking the whip and we'll keep saying "Yes Ma'am!!"
Much love to you...and give yourself a pat on the back...you are an incredible woman and I hope I can someday be half the woman you are.
Much love and big hugs....(the stripper I hired should be there by four, I told him you ate dinner early)
Thanking you for loving ME ....COTTON

No comments: