Monday, May 10, 2010

Larry, Curly and Maude

Nobody ever said they were smart and nobody loves them more than Mama (That's me.)

They make me laugh and sometimes make me crazy but if my own three kids listened to me like my dogs do, I'd really have something going on.
The two males are like Larry and Curly. The female is like Bea Arthur when she played "Maude." She never moves too fast but still rules her roost and every one knows she's in charge.

Rosie and Ham get along fine...just look at them back to back spooning!


I put Ham and Charlie on restriction last week and made them sleep outside for peeing in the house when it rained all day and they refused to go out. I thought I had taught them a lesson until I went out back the next morning to find Ham all curled up in a patio chair looking like he had just had the best night of sleep in his life.
The two males have been dragging around a ten foot long branch like it is the biggest rawhide they have ever seen...coming right up next to you with it, scratching your legs and knocking chairs over with the stupid stick. It took them about two weeks but the finally got it chewed down to a foot long nub. One of the males will get it and take off running with the other male close on his heels. The one with the stick will act like they have a golden egg and try to make the other male see "Just how fun" that stick is and look at them like "Don't you wish YOU had this stick?"
The minute one of them gets tired of it and drops it... the other male scoops it up and takes off like a rocket. Now that the 'stick is on the other foot' the chase starts all over again.
DANG...it doesn't take much to entertain a dog !
I included a video of the stick when they first started dragging it around and another video of the stick in it's current size. If you ask me, that's a "Wholelotta" bark to swallow...guess it's "Roughage" to a dog!
I was sitting out back today reading and heard the cat and mouse game going on once again behind me. It sounded like Charlie barking after Ham so I knew Ham had the "Golden egg." I turned around when I finished a page in my book and thought I would fall out of the chair.
Ham had a claw hammer in his mouth like he had found the greatest catch toy alive and was slinging it from side to side with the idiot bulldog trying his best to get it . I can't believe Charlie didn't get knocked silly with it...but that wouldn't be much of a stretch any way. Maybe it would have knocked some sense INTO him!
I went and took the hammer from Ham and put it in the tool box in the garage. Massey had been out in the back yard with a friend of hers yesterday tanning. Don't ask me why she had the claw hammer out there. Sometimes it's just best NOT to know.
When I went back out into the back yard they both looked disappointed. Their 10 foot branch is down to a six inch nub and NOW I went and took away their hammer !
Parents spoil all the fun, don't they?
I have the most entertaining dogs in the world and I feel pretty secure about retaining the title while all three of these doofus dogs are still alive and kicking.
I even thought about getting the hammer back out tomorrow just to see if I can catch them on video with it.
Might just do that!
Til next time...enjoy the videos and see how cute my stooges are in action!
COTTON


PS click on the photos...they look so cute close up!




No comments: