Friday, November 23, 2012

I Am Thankful...

Not really sure how this year has slipped by so quickly. Next  week is December for Pete's sake! Spent Thanksgiving at my sister's house. We had eighteen people and it was a  grand old time. It was a beautiful day so we left the pups out back. We took the rascal., Ziggy with us. He's still a puppy and left to his own devices for any  extended period of time unsupervised usually involves some type of home repair or clean up. Also he hasn't met every one in the family yet so we took the little doofus with us. I think I heard Charlie and Ham both snort a sigh of relief when we put him in the car with us and pulled out of the driveway.

My brother was there...haven't seen him in a while and he most likely prefers it that way. (I'm a needy  sister)  My cousin who we recently re connected with after decades came and  I took the old family photo albums to  share with her...we laughed and cried and had a blast.

Friends of my sister came who were planning on going to a restaurant for Thanksgiving (gag me with a spoon) and all fit in nicely with our crazy bunch!

It was "Eat  Drink and be Merry!"

Sometimes, more often than not I feel ridiculous complaining about the past few years. Yes they were tough, but are in the past and there is no way to change the past. You can only change the future.

My family has survived and in recent times have seem to flourish  thanks to much help, love and hard work.

Never be afraid of working hard. Never be afraid of accepting help when you need it and never be timid about paying  your good fortune FORWARD.

One of my high school friends and blog reader has suggested me for a job opportunity with her company. It's something totally different yet a job I feel I would have a lot to offer.

You never know until you  try. If you never try you will never know.

I am almost fifty three years old and considering changing careers after almost 34 years,   thanks to the confidence my friend has in me and my abilities as a hard and dedicated worker.

I'm already  crazy...so "What the Hey?"

I'm nervous, not making any commitment but willing to try. As Forrest Gump said
"My Mama always said you've got to put the past behind you before you can move on." 

Til next  time...COTTON

No comments: