Friday, March 1, 2019

Totally True Story


Number one: The funnier something is, the harder it is for me stop from laughing, and definitely takes away any ability to whisper.

 Number two:  Whispering is not my forte'. 
(especially when I get tickled about something)

All three of my kids; my husband and both my siblings have witnessed this about me over the years, countless times...and then some.

The worst thing about it, is that it  always seems to happen at the worst possible time...
which in turn makes it even harder to control my silly self.



Oh, it can be during a wedding ceremony or a funeral. 
The more solemn the occasion, the funnier it gets. 

Church services (in general) are a great place to enjoy trying and suppress a good  belly laugh.
Trust me.
 Been there, done that. 


This also applies to a school awards ceremony, play or graduation.

Random things which spontaneously  happen around me when out and about, in the midst strangers or the public in general, are also gold mine opportunities that often tickle me beyond sensibility. 

Unfortunately sometimes my uncontrollable laughter falls on embarrassed ears,
with lots of eye rolling...at me!




I thought the above photo was kinda cute, but had to beg my daughter to take it.


And don't even ask how long I had to beg (small pun) for this hilarious one!







Here's my theory, or take (in general) on life.

"Life's way too short for regrets... so try and keep 'em to a minimum, the best you can."



I worried myself sick... for year after year after year, when Tim and I were flat broke


but can say with complete and absolute conviction, I had at least one good belly laugh every single day, of every single month of every single year.











Apparently I have laughed way beyond the allowed limit.


I wouldn't trade one of my wrinkles for anything on this earth.
I'm one of the luckiest people in the world.


I remember telling our daughter one day, after a trying day of high school, peer pressure and feeling excluded:



"If not having a lot of money is the most horrible thing to ever happen to this family, we're among the luckiest people on the planet. Literally, more than tens of millions have it worse than us."







All three of our kids were old enough to know how hard we struggled to stay afloat when our well of the comfortable life went dry.




They all three learned some pretty important lessons at a pretty young age.

#1
If you get married, and more importantly have kids to raise, be in it to win it...together.

#2
Never give up, even when you feel like you have nothing to give.

#3
Love is so ridiculously easy to afford, we should be ashamed there isn't more of it in our world.





I have so many friends, acquaintances or random people I come across on a daily basis who have the really  tough plate in front of them, with no option of swapping dishes.

#CancerSucks

These are people who are some of  the true heroes in Life.

I'd love to have any one of them if not all of them, sit by me somewhere and us get all tickled about some dumb trivial or hilarious happening and simply just have a good laugh together.  I'm not even opposed to a little peeing in my pants if it's funny enough. I'm mostly sure they would enjoy it more than me.

You know what they say...








I will  always prefer laughter over tears.
Nobody likes a full snot locker and puffy eyes.



I think I raised my kids to feel (and experience) the same way.




















I hope to be one of them.




...and always extend your hand to help someone else try and make it as well.

Till next time, COTTON




No comments: