Thursday, March 14, 2019

#BoutKiltMe #WoreSlapOut #WeeDoggies


I'm not complaining.








I wanted this house and all of  Mother Nature surrounding it, which is what made it every thing I've ever wanted in a place to call home


But those leaves?



Number one: its been over three years since I've done any serious yard work.

Number two: that makes me almost fifty nine years old now.


 I did manage to get the firepit looking pretty good.

Overgrown fire pit before...

 And after...



I blew the leaves into about three different piles,
 no probs!

Bagging twenty bags of leaves from a standing position is a whole different story.

#BeenThereDoneThat(now)


I felt (a little) better when my twenty three year old daughter got kinda flushed too, when helping me bag one afternoon.



I have a pretty physically demanding job (if done correctly) and have been doing it almost spot on for forty years now.



But those leaves, that rake, the constant bending over from the waist, then standing right back up, over and over and over again?




But you know what?
 So what?

I used to wear a rake out, but unfortunately now a rake wears me out.





 If that's the worst thing to happen to me,
I got off easy.

#Blessed

 I will have to say, this whole yard raking adventure has totally reminded me of one of my better stories, from about two decades ago.



We were all at the beach one July. My family, our brother, our Diddy, my sister and her family.

All the kids (way) pre teen were doing  cartwheels on the beach one afternoon when I commented,"You think that's a cartwheel?"

They asked if I could still do a cartwheel?
I said "Sure I can. I can even do a round off !"

#Notagoodideawhenalmostfortyanddrinking

Of course I rocked out a couple of cartwheels and even (barely) managed a round off.
It was easy to do, us adults liked doing some drankin' on the beach!

The next morning I came downstairs for breakfast in the kitchen, limping like a cripple and said,
to no one in particular...

"Was last night our wedding anniversay or was I doing cartwheels on the beach yesterday?"

Not a one of the youngins' (six of 'em) thought any thing about my comment...until my Diddy said "Kelly, stop it!"

Me and my sister have laughed about it for years.




You can worry yourself sick about life or about your problems, or about things you can't change.
Or you can strive to make every single day one to smile about.
No matter what.

Someone else always has it harder than you do.
Learn to enjoy your own good fortune,
and always pay it forward.

Karma is real.



I may be getting older, but it certainly beats the alternative.

Til Next time...COTTON



No comments: