Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Nothing Better Than A Staycation



I am lucky enough to not only have a job I love but one which loves me as well. Yeah, it has its ups and downs...that why they call it working. You simply just need and consider yourself lucky if the ups outweigh the downs. There are millions of people who dread going to work every day. Once again I'm one of the lucky ones. It helps that I've always been pretty blessed to have wonderful management and co workers. One thing I've learned from experience after over almost thirty eight years of being a server is that just like in all other aspects of life, you get what you give.

I don't call out or show up late. I don't come in looking like I've slept in the clothes I'm wearing and just woke up twenty minutes ago. I try and not complain, and if I do is usually in a joking manner. It could always be worse. I begin working the moment I clock in and don't stop working until I am clocked out.

And you know what? Managers notice that...and so do customers.

Customers show me they notice by rewarding me monetarily. Management shows me by always giving me a pretty great schedule and always doing their best to give me time off when I request it.

It's a win/win.

A couple of peeps I really loved working with have moved on to other jobs and while I miss them, also salute them.

I just can't do it. I'm too old and detest having to start over again. It takes me six months to feel remotely comfortable in a new place, and once I begin to feel comfortable have absolutely no desire to be anywhere else.

It's been really busy at work lately and kicked my scrawny ass. Our new schedule comes out on Thursdays and when mine was posted was elated to see I had three days off in a row.

We were broke for more than a few years and always worked at least six days a week, out of necessity but grateful I was allowed to do so.






Now that we are doing comfortably and are financially stable...three days off seemed like an unexpected vacation!

I've cleaned out the refrigerator, dusted and swept. I've cleaned things you skip cleaning when busy working a lot...as long as company doesn't come over. Who's gonna notice but me?

I have never heard Tim say "You know, I can write my 










name in the dust on this table."

Of course if he did, would have handed him the Swiffer wand and replied "Knock yourself out."



He never complains if I don't cook dinner every night but is always grateful when I do.








Kudos to him, since we've moved to Orlando and are back together after a three year separation with him first working in Lubbock for two years and then being in Orlando working for a year before we joined him has stepped up his game with helping around the house. He does all the laundry every week on his day off and takes care of all the recycling and trash. He buys the dog food... no small contribution with us having three huge chow hounds.


                      It's been quite the journey for us both. It's been a journey for us all.





This is when TJ left for Australia to live for a year. It was right after Tim and I had lost everything
, including our jobs and once hefty 401k.





And look at us now...




We survived...all of us.


The saying is true, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."


There were many sacrifices made by us but more acts of charity given to us. and I wouldn't change one single thing about the last ten years.


It's what  has defined us. 
























Looking through all these pictures, all these memories, all this love...makes me happy beyond belief.





                         Never hesitate to help another...it will help yourself even more.






We met thirty years ago, moved in together after three months and have been married for twenty eight years.


Always dance with the one who brought you.













                                                Once again, you get what you give in life.


                                                Luckiest woman in the world...That's me!

Till next time...COTTON






No comments: