Monday, January 22, 2018

No One Wins The Blame Game




              My heart is heavy for this country of mine. My heart is heavy for this world of ours. 

When we pick apart other opinions and accusingly point fingers towards them as being part of the problem; it makes me even sadder and will certainly never be any part of any solution.


True fact.


While am pretty much honest about my own social and political views, would never stoop so low as to make racially slurred comments or typecast someone simply because of ethnicity or legal status.


There are two types of humans in this world of  7.6 billion.

Good people and bad people.

Which would you rather be?

It's a black or white answer (unintentional pun) with no gray area or any given leeway.




                                                             Sometimes the truth hurts.


Jimmy Carter was bashed as president. Called terrible names and blamed for things totally out of his control.



He never tweeted (granted pre social networking) or called disgruntled opponents by disgusting names.

              He simply tried and do the right thing, for the betterment of every one.

 I still keep my thermostat kept on 68 in the winter because Carter kept the same temp in the White House during the energy crisis.

In this age of  modern technology, typed words tend to speak volumes about the person typing them.

Yes, we'll always have problems...that's just the way life works. Trust me... been there, done that for the past decade.

No, I didn't vote for our current president but sincerely hoped he would do well, once elected to be our leader.

While have been disappointed, I have been even more disappointed with the backlash of his seemingly blind supporters.

Obama was called and depicted every derogatory name in the book, along with his wife and two young daughters. In the eight years he served, there was never a scandalous story about his marriage or about his daughters.

Yet he was called out time and time again, with racist comments overwhelming his accomplishments.

I never remember Reagan, or even Nixon being called the names Obama or his family were called or labeled with.

Case in point.







Are you kidding me that you think a person not  born in the United States of America could ever be allowed to run for the senate, let alone the presidency?

Really?

Seems ironic to me that the same man who publicly bashed Obama as being a Muslim and stating he wasn't even born in America or had a legitimate birth certificate now holds the title of President himself, after taped recordings of him making extremely disparaging comments made and directed towards women were released...but he does.


You know, personal attacks don't do anything but make you look like a hater and there is way too much hate in this world.

Hate begets hate. Always has.

Love begets love. Always will.

Another true fact!


I simply wish our President acted more presidential. It's been over a year, and am still waiting for it to happen.


Which brings me to the 'trickle down effect.'

It's not just Trump. Some of the members of congress really get on my nerves as well, and I mean on both sides of the aisle.

I've never been a fan Of Nancy Pelosi and Mitch McConnell makes me want to gag. How in the world did we actually elect these pompous, selfish individuals? There are enough crooks and bribed pockets in our government that you'd think Shonda Rhimes was casting their roles in Washington for her next juicy, scandal ridden series.

It is borderline embarrassing, to say the very least.

Then,  it trickles from Washington on down to each and every state. The pockets are smaller , but way too many are still lined.

When Tim and I were in jeopardy of losing our house years ago and our mortgage company wouldn't help us refinance because we were only six years away from payoff and knew they could make a buck off repossessing it, I turned to our local congressman. I bet I wrote or emailed him six or seven times.

Never once heard back from him. Needless to say, he didn't get my vote.

And then (not kidding) it trickles further down, to counties and  then cities.

When one of our sons got into trouble when eighteen years old for doing something really stupid, the cops told him they would make the charges go away if he would just name names.  He wouldn't. As much as I was disappointed in him for his mistake, I was proud of him for accepting his own responsibility and taking the punishment. He owned up to his own part but refused to drag others down with him.


Trust me, these were some crooked cops and could certainly tell you some tales, but won't. Instead I will tell you they obviously never heard the saying "people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."

It then trickles down (I kid you not) to school systems, churches and even neighborhoods.


I worked for a school system years and years ago when my kids were little. After the Indonesian tsunami in 2004 (killing from 230,000 to 280,000 people) decided to ask the kids if they wanted to bring in pennies to donate for the relief efforts? They were pumped, excited to help and the pennies poured in!

I was called on the carpet by my higher ups at the school system and told to stop. They were worried some parents may say they had donated "X" amount and try and deduct it from their tax returns.

Are you kidding me?



I cut the fundraiser off, per instructions but had already raised a butt load of pennies so called a charity to donate the money through. They were so thrilled with the effort and asked if they could come take a picture of them accepting the donation from the kids for the local paper.


The year before that,  had a dear friend who I worked with at my other job who was called back into active duty and  promptly sent to Iraq. I thought it would be nice for the kids to have a soldier to pen pal with. He sent back letters and the coolest CD's with pics for all the kids to see and watch. There was one video where they had to be air lifted from their Humvee (Humvee included) stuck in a dried riverbed by a Chinook helicopter.


Word got back to my superiors. I was visited and told "What if he send pictures of himself in his underwear? We simply can't allow this. It's a liability issue."



Are you serious????


So I cut off the pen pal thing , per instructions. When the soldier, my friend, got back from his tour of duty...defending our country, he wanted to come meet the kids. I was embarrassed to tell him what transpired but you know what? I went ahead and invited him anyway.


Guess what?

The day he came to visit the kids, the local newspaper showed up as well for a photo. So did my superiors, who had poo pooped my idea. They sure looked happy in the photo taken and published.

I quit the job at the end of the school year.


It's almost like a few bad apples are trying to take over our huge basket of life, filled with perfectly good  apples.

Inch by inch, block by block, rule by rule, law by law, mile by mile, state by state.





I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but know what poop smells like...and  getting quite the whiff more often than not these days.

Once again, trickle on down with your hate. Trickle on down with your politically correct self. Trickle on down with your greed. Trickle on down with your homophobic self. Trickle on down with your racism and opposition to people wanting to live in our country because it is a  great country and want to be part of a great nation.

Let's see how far that hate gets you.






There are more lovers in this country than haters and we  are the ones who count.


No comments: