Friday, January 26, 2018

It's Getting Better



                                                    Slowly but surely...That's my mantra.

After a long couple of weeks, things are looking up...slowly but surely. I feel a tiny bit better every day about our decision to let Charlie go. The other two dogs still look for him, actually so do I when I first walk in the house. It's still just a natural reaction.

I kinda snapped out of my funk when my brother went under the knife and surgery went on longer than expected.

Thankfully he's fine now and slowly on the mend, but is one stubborn son of a gun and is like pulling teeth just to get him to let you help.

He acts like he just sprained his ankle when in fact it was basically sawed in two, repaired then reattached.

He went yesterday for the initial follow up after surgery.

Mind you this picture was taken after a week of healing but he went back to work less than a week after surgery.



                                      Trust me, he doesn't usually have Fred Flintstone feet.


                                     ...and my sister and I thought our Diddy was stubborn?!

 Chris takes the cake, but still needs crutches or a knee scooter to retrieve it. The surgeon told him absolutely no driving for six weeks and is driving him (huge pun) nuts.


We sent in Massey as our ambassador instead. He doesn't seem to get as snippy with her. She stayed with him the first few days after surgery and still goes over every morning to drive him to work.




 Tim picks him up every afternoon on his own way home from work and takes the hobbler back home.

I took the easy route. I'm the cook. Delivered him dinner the other night and doing it again tomorrow. I cook meals which can be heated and reheated and last a few days. Tomorrow will be spaghetti, one of his faves, and have known him to eat it for breakfast. That means I'm cooking for him three times a day!





I was working the day shift earlier today. One of the managers came up to me near the end of my shift and quoted the number of desserts and bottles of wine I have sold since the beginning of this year.

Always the worry wart, asked it that was a good thing or a bad thing? He replied if I thought being number one was a good thing, it was a good thing.

I was one of the top two servers in total sales as well.

Of course that doesn't include banquets (joint efforts) which we do a lot of...but still made an ole girl feel pretty good to at least be near the top.

Certainly beats being last!

Gonna be honest.

I worried myself almost (literally) sick when I began this new job. I detest starting over at a job and began this latest one at a point when I was already a frazzled ninety five pound bag of bones, in a new city in a new state, in a new house with one friend, and he was my brother.





                           Trust me, I have polished and polished and polished and polished.


But you know what?





Somewhere, over the rainbow...and have seen many since moving here , only means one thing to me.

Dreams really do come true.

Till next time...COTTON













No comments: