Monday, November 13, 2017

Neighborhood Nazi...That's Me!

Our garage door opener is on the fritz and I'm too tiny to use the red cord pull handle. The landlord is sending someone over to fix it in the next day or two, so have just been parking on the street behind Tim's car. We let Massey park in the driveway because she is driving my brother's Mercedes while he puts a new convertible top on her Mustang.

The people in this neighborhood are parking idiots...true fact.




Nothing like a huge trailer and boat to make a home look all cozy and inviting. There's usually more cars than these at this particular house. Thank The Lord he lives about ten houses down from us and only have to drive by it instead of look at it out my living room window. It drives me nuts!

Our wonderful next door neighbors recently moved so the house next door to us is vacant, for now. The clowns who live next door to the vacant house are a household of three. Only two of them drive, but  have seven cars they park all over the place. Four in the driveway, squeezed together like sardines in a can and totally blocking the entire sidewalk. They park two others on the grass between the curb and sidewalk in front of their house and have been parking yet another behind Tims' car in front of our house.

When I had to start parking on the street, they didn't even leave me enough room to pull in behind Tim...and my car is ultra tiny. The first day I actually did manage to parallel park behind Tim and was about four inches away from the car behind me, thinking that would give the dude a hint to move.

Nope.

I got home from work the other night and he was back behind Tim with no space left for me.

You know me...

I put a note on his windshield "Please park in front of your own house". The next day he moved the car into the driveway of the vacant house between our two houses.

The owner of the vacant house came over to pressure wash the (his) driveway, so the car was moved back onto the street behind Tim again when I got home from work the very next night.

I came home from the post office today and noticed one of the three clowns in the opened garage working on a gas grill. There's so much crap in their garage you couldn't even fit one person standing up in it, much less one car.

I went in our house and Tim was working on his lap top in the living room. I asked him if he thought there was anything wrong with me asking the dude to move his car back a few feet so I could park in front of my own house?

You know Jed (Tim)...


"I reckon you could."



So I did.


I was very polite about it. I simply told him our garage remote wasn't working and until we got it fixed needed to park on the street and would he mind moving his vehicle back a few feet so I could park behind my husband...in front of our house?

He asked if I was the one who had left the unsigned note on his car?

"Yes, that would be me."

I was kinda surprised he even had to ask; I mean he was parked in front of our house, two houses down from his own.


He said he'd have to go inside and wash his hands first before moving it, if that was okay.

I told him to take all the time he needed.







I went back inside our house feeling like a champ! I told Tim what had transpired.

He never even looked up at me, but said to our dog beside him on the couch, "Momma's probably gonna have four flat tires in the morning."


To add fuel to the fire, I also called code enforcement and reported the vehicles blocking the sidewalk.

When we first moved here, I was backed into our driveway to unload some things and left it there overnight, barely blocking the sidewalk. The next morning I had a ticket on my car.

This clown had the entire sidewalk blocked with two cars and had two more on the grass...another violation.

I guess I won't win neighbor of the month now.


The way these people park in this neighborhood is borderline redunkulous.

One guy down the street has a full size RV plugged in, running electricity, water and parked in his front yard. That guy lives next door to the guy who has a boat and car trailer in his own driveway.


Shoot me now...


 
                                       What in the world is wrong with these people??


Lucky for us, we'll be moving in about four months. I'm sure they'll all have a big ole street party after I'm gone...complete with huge fireworks on a school night, when it isn't a holiday even remotely associated with shooting fireworks. (remembering the huge fireworks on Halloween night being shot off in our hood while little kids Trick or Treated)


Our land lord has been good to us and the house was all we needed to get settled into town... temporarily.

Trust me, I'll scope out the next area where we move first.

We plan on it being home until we retire and move to the beach, in our wheel chairs.




I know its GOTTA drive at least some of the other neighbors nuts the way these people plop down crap in their front yards which are meant to be in a lake or on a camp ground.

To prove my point, will take pics tomorrow while Massey drives me through the hood and will post it here, updating this blog.






That is...if my car still has inflated tires.



Till next time...the Neighborhood Nazi aka COTTON



No comments: