Friday, November 10, 2017

Ain't No Stopping Me Now



It took me (felt like) forever to get this new job down but can say with (pretty much) complete confidence, am pretty much knocking it out of the park these days.

The restaurant is fairly new but catching on quickly...in a good way!

My sales and salary have steadily climbed each and every week. Every once in a while you have an off day as a server...it goes with the job title.



Since moving to Orlando I miss quite a few things. I miss my younger son who turned around after  living here just three days and headed back to the only home he'd ever known. I miss my sister, my touchstone. I miss all the friends I met and had there.

And I missed my old job.



Not too many servers make the kind of money I made at the airport, and  sure missed making it. I had a bankroll when we moved here but was depleted quickly when my work transfer didn't go through.

In hindsight, was the greatest thing to ever happen to me.



I've made new friends, I've found a new wonderful job and am making it happen, for me and my family.

Tim has done the same, and between us both have found ourselves (almost) back on top.




With all the turmoil in this crazy world, we have both learned a very important lesson.

There are really (to us) no Democrats or Republicans. There are no Christians, Jews, Catholics, Muslims, Buddhists or Atheists. There's no Hollywood elite or  even illegals trying to ruin our country...or the world.

There are good people and bad people in this world we all live in, and can't be (shouldn't be) more simply stated....or believed.

Go ahead and take a head count... trust me, there are more of us good people in this world than bad.

Majority rules.

And while of course Dems, Repubs and all religions, races, nationalities, factions and sexual identities do exist in this world, what matters most in the long run is the core of your very being and existence on this planet.

What kind of person, what kind of human will you choose to be?

Our one common bond is humanity and is way too often overlooked.






Get on the Love Train.

Yeah I'm getting old, but still think I've got it right.

Love is all you need.

Till next time...COTTON


No comments: