Thursday, June 16, 2016

It's Simpler Than You'd Think


With everything recently going on wrong in the world, everyone suddenly feels the immediate need to voice their opinion in every form of social media.

Let the finger pointing begin.

It saddens me how many hate filled posts I read. It's the President's fault. It's the Muslim's fault. It's the homosexual's fault. It's the anti gun people's fault. It's the illegal immigrant's fault. It's the Democrats fault or the Republicans fault.

Let's start with the Republicans and Democrats theory.


Total number of Americans eligible to vote218,959,000
Total number of Americans registered to vote146,311,000
Total number of Americans who voted in the 2012 Presidential election126,144,000
Percent of Americans who voted in the 2012 Presidential election57.5 %


Not exactly the way to change things if you ask me!

I was talking with some younger (twentyish) co workers a few weeks ago while in the back hall at work waiting for our menu meeting to start before our shift. They were all griping about what a crappy country we live in and how huge corporations are really in charge. I asked each of them if they voted? Not one of them did or ever had. They said if they had would never make a difference.

I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed but felt like I was surrounded by six wooden spoons.

That may be the dumbest thing I ever heard come out of their mouths (and I've heard a lot ).

Number one that's a sad state of affairs when the youth of today and our future down the road feel that way.

Total "Apathy" if you ask me (lucky for me this is my blog so no one had to ask) that's sad they are so dense. I didn't have time to tell them the meaning of the word before the menu meeting started so just left it alone and made a mental note of their obliviousness of how a democracy works.

Yes the system has it's flaws but until 100% of us all cast our vote, nothing will change. Voting is a very underused privilege.

Number two, shut up about about illegal immigrants. This country was started  by immigrants.



The problem isn't immigrants, the problem is the perception that all immigrants are bad people. Trust me, there are more than enough bad people in this country and most certainly aren't defined by ethnicity but their actions. Thank God  Native Americans didn't have access to social media... we'd all be in the dog house, so to speak.

Number three;




The above is from an article in the Wall Street Journal. So people think we don't need we need stricter gun control laws? Facts don't lie.

Sometimes you can be your own worst enemy.

I've never owned a gun nor has my husband. My parents never owned a gun either but can "bet your sweet bippy" if  had, would've been secured and kept out of the reach of any of us three kids or anyone else's reach.


Number four.



Enough said.

Who in this world can choose their own sexual orientation and why in this world should anyone else  care about who they were born to be?

I'm more worried about people being good or bad. Isn't that what we all should be worried about?

I'm no rocket scientist by any means but even  I  get it and is a pretty sad sign when I'm smarter than billions of others.



Number five:



Don't even get me started.

I have many Muslim friends, near and dear to my heart.

Now we're just talking about flat out Racism.

Once again, there are good people and bad people.

Bad doesn't  discriminate.

It lashes out and unleashes venom to anyone who's not really listening to reality, in my opinion.





Number six. (don't worry, I'm almost through)


Yes I consider myself a Democrat but have always voted for the person, not the party. I have voted for many (okay maybe a few) Republicans.

Here's my thought on the past eight years. My husband (a good hard working man) was out of work for about two years. We almost lost our home. We made it by with help from many, many friends and totally with government assistance. It was embarrassing to apply for but much needed and most definitely appreciated.

In four year's time have constantly strived to move ahead. We have and are now sitting pretty good thanks to this government everyone is bashing to death.




There are good people in this world and by far outweigh the bad.

It's up to us good people to overcome the bad. It's up to us here in America to exercise our privilege to vote and have our voices heard... and make a difference.

Yes there are many things wrong with our system but is still (luckily) the greatest  and most powerful nation on earth.

It's time to embrace our greatness as a nation, admit our flaws but come together as one. It's time to hug a person you normally wouldn't hug but also time to stop and listen to their story. Try to empathize in life, not just hear.

We need to throw away hate and embrace life with love and gratitude.

Problem solved if you ask a waitress.

Never be silent. Be the sound of something great and make the difference.



If you don't cast  your vote when so very fortunately privileged to do so...you are the sound of silence.

 Til next time...COTTON