Sunday, August 2, 2015

It's Been a Great Week


Tim's week at home is coming to an end on Tuesday  morning when we take him back to the airport to leave for Texas again. We've made the most of it. He's spent a lot of time with our kids, pups and his closest friends. Tomorrow he's going to the Braves game with both sons and the best man from our wedding, also one of his closest cronies. It's crazy busy at my job right now and when a server have to strike while the iron's hot so just took one extra day off. We spent some much needed time together getting the yards and house shaped up and made a lot of progress.

On my birthday morning he came into our bedroom with a cup of coffee for me while I was watching CNN getting some much needed rest from one of the busiest nights I'd ever had at work. The night before had been complete total (not so much) controlled chaos but made well over four hundred dollars in less than eight hours. That doesn't happen every shift but when does is a blessing beyond belief just to know I have a job that can generate that kind of income.

There were two guys out front of our house unloading a landscaping truck and Tim asked if I had hired someone to do the yards?

I said no but to wait and see what they did before telling them they had the wrong address.

Instead he meandered outside with his own cup of coffee and found out a dear friend of mine had paid for them to pressure wash our house as a birthday present.

EXCELLENT!

What a way to start the day.

I not only have terrific family but terrific friends as well.

Case in point. This was the back of our house before the wash job.

This is the back of our house after!

It only got better.

The extra day I took off was for a cookout. My brother drove up from Orlando. My sis and her hub came over. Tim's long absent sis came over with her son. His Spanish teacher in high school (from Nicaragua) came over and about ten other close friends, including my friend who got me my awesome new job.

I made tons of food (my bro graciously  paid for) with help from Massey and Tim grilled burgers and dogs. Coolers full of beer, soft drinks and water quenched our thirsts as we laughed, ate and reminisced the day away.

My sister gave me a fabulous new under the counter mounted stereo for my kitchen where spend ninety percent of my time at home and her hub installed it as soon as I opened it.

Tim gave me a beautiful bracelet made from two pieces of silverware he bought from a guy in Texas.


 His Spanish teacher gave me a gorgeous orchid and  nice bottle of Zinfandel.


Massey's bestie Michael,  brought me a beautiful bouquet as well and my kitchen was filled with love from others.


Massey bought me two Adirondack chairs for my back patio and Tiki torches to keeps the biting critters away.

Zach got a hair cut. Best present a momma of a twenty three year old hippy could ever get! Even two of the Lost Boys came over to help celebrate.

Traded my AM shift on Sunday for a PM and went to work today feeling a little exhausted with a touch of alcohol overload but ecstatic.

This past year has enlightened me.

Number one, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Number two, all you need is love...and lucky for me have been blessed with both.


"There's nothing you can do that can't be done
Nothing you can sing that can't be sung
Nothing you can say but you can learn how to play the game
It's easy
There's nothing you can make that can't be made
No one you can save that can't be saved
Nothing you can do but you can learn to be you in time
It's easy
All you need is love
Love is all you need."



Til next time...COTTON








No comments: