Monday, January 19, 2009

New Day, New President, New Hope

My two younger kids watched the "I Have A Dream" speech given by MLK in August 1963(I think that is the right year) on CNN today with me.

My daughter said that it gave her chills.
My son said that he was well read and intelligent.

Their mom says that it has finally come full circle.
MLK has found his voice, he has seen his dream come true.

Barack Obama is NOT a black man.

He is half black, but he is a man that is young, inspired and ready to face an enormous and daunting task.

Our country has floundered and suffered...are we not wanting and needing a change?

My friends have come at me with attacks at every level with my choice, all have been dis proven.

Can people not see that the entire nation...mostly and most importantly "YOUNG" citizens have been awakened and want to do what EVERY American should do...CARE ENOUGH TO VOTE!

It all starts with a vote, and ends up with a decision.

The decision has been made, the ball has been tossed into his court.

What he does with that ball is out of our hands at this point, but it is where it needs to be in my estimation.

Whether you are a dem, pub or indy, have you ever, ever seen such enthusiasm or support for an incoming PRES?

DOES THAT NOT TELL YOU SOMETHING?

If you are disgusted that a "BLACK" man is in office...you are DISGUSTING to me. You need to look at yourself in the mirror, and realize that only by the grace of God, you are who you are...and there are millions more created by him out here walking amongst us...and MAYBE looking at you the same way.

"To be judged not by the color of your skin, but by the content of your character".

It is a new day in America...it is a new hope and possibility not only for Barack's supporters, but for us ALL.

It will take time...but not the eight years that Cheney took.

1 comment:

Frances said...

Will have to give you a high five for that last statement. I have always heard that Cheney run things in Washington. Too bad he ended up in a wheelchair. Thanks, I loved your blog. f