Sunday, January 18, 2009

ANOTHER COUSIN...Was I asleep?

When I posted about my cousins and their grand kids, I inadvertently said that my cousin had two kids...I don't know what I was smoking... I tend to mix up my two cousins from afar. This cousin has two girls and a boy. (Sorry Kim...OR Beth).

I see them only at reunions or funerals these days.

One cousin has two kids and the other has three.

Also my cuz wrote back that his grand daughter wasn't the best flautist in the nation, but the state of Georgia.

I'll still let "The Nation" stand.

Unless the #1 in the country reads my blog...

We are sticking to my original post...I am quite sure she will be there one day!

Kids excelling.
Kids making a difference.
Kids becoming our future and our hope.

This is the hope and refreshing promise of a greater tomorrow.

I am tremendously excited about Tuesday.
I worked a ten hour shift today and will pick up a shift tomorrow (My only day off).

That way I can take Tuesday off to not only savor the moment, but to watch history being made and watch one of the greatest moments in my time... the turning of an era, the awakening of young people at the polls, and their realization that EVERY vote makes a difference.

It will be a long , hard road...not unlike the one that FDR had to go down.

You have to admit, whether you are a Dem or a Repub...the country has never been more excited or alive about a new administration in my lifetime as a voter.

He is not a messiah ... He is a man with a vision, enthusiasm and millions of supporters that want to believe that he CAN make a change...And in my book...a change is DEFINITELY needed.

As he said at the train station yesterday...he will make mistakes.

Blessedly, keeping Dick Cheney around won't be one of them!

No comments: