Thursday, January 15, 2009

Bragging Rights !!

Got an email today from my cousin in Rabun Gap , Georgia.

He is a retired dentist (YES, I actually have an intelligent lineage from which surprisingly I come).

He has a son and daughter that have always been extremely intelligent and real go getter's.

His grand kids have picked up where their parents left off.

One is the number one flautist in her age group in the country, the other is a rising vocalist that hopefully will send me free tickets to her Broadway debut.

Me, with my funny little self sent him back an email... after he brought me up to speed on his grand kid's latest and greatest accolades.

I informed him that my youngest son held the world record for the longest stint on a video game (nine hours...not to brag too much) and that my daughter was very popular in every class...especially her after school math tutoring (her FAVORITE social club).

My oldest son has postponed his college degree in his sophomore year to move to LA to pursue his dream of being either an actor or a model. (I wish he had a little more self esteem) JK !!

KIDS!!! What can you do but love them for who they are and pray every night that they FINALLY see the light?

I know that they are a product of having a mother that works too much and one that is WAY too easy on them. Hopefully what I instilled in them on the "fly by" will kick in one day. Don't get me wrong, they are GREAT kids...just not living up to their potential.

Sometimes... no...ALL the time, I think it is my fault they are so lackluster in their studies, and I am most probably right.

But I have a deep and sincere belief that ONE day...ONE DAY...they will wake up and not only realize, but use and put forth the potential that they all three have inside of them.

I truly believe in "KARMA".

My kids may be wearing me and my husband out now, but hopefully it is to make it all the sweeter when they realize what they can do with themselves, when they actually apply themselves and strive for a goal.

They are all three SO much smarter than me, I just haven't pushed them enough.

But when "Push comes to shove" I am sure that they will all at least land on their feet and not only make me proud, but themselves as well.

HEY!! At least they have some really smart cousins they can call on!!

JUST kidding.

My kids will be fine( I hope and pray)... they are just stumbling, not quiting.

I will be here every step and mis- step of the way.

When my cousin's grand daughter has an LA premier...We will all stay at TJ's mansion for free and it will all have come full circle...don't ya think?

Til next time...an optimistic COTTON

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention Kelly. My granddaughter was tickled to see herself mentioned in your blog. However, she is the number one flutist in Georgia, not the entire country. :-D
Keep up the writing. We enjoy your articles.
Cuz'n Neal