Monday, October 13, 2008

Won't You Meet My Neighbor !!

I have a neighbor that I met over ten years ago when we first moved into our neighborhood.

She is a feisty woman... a hard worker and a wonderful person.

She has fallen ill. She has been sick since January but I did not learn of her misfortune until her boss came into my restaurant over a month ago.

She is not the type to send out an email or call neighbors.

She has raised two kids... not always to a happy note. But when is raising kids ever a breeze?

I have three kids of my own and they have tormented me from the time every one of them reached middle school.

She has always been a rock.
She has always been the most lucid and focused person in her house hold.

She has five dogs in residence (don't let the county know) and loves them as her kids... at least they have always behaved, and don't talk back much.

She is someone that would not ask for help, even if she was in dire straits or incapacitated totally.

I have been trying to cook for her a couple of times a week...tromping over with my meager offerings.

I wish she would let me do more, but she won't.

I have always admired this woman that I feel lucky to call my friend. She lost her parents early on, and after marrying her husband ...moved on to "raising" him.

She is a devout christian, and I often wonder why God has chosen for her recent life to be so stressful?

We talk on the phone, while I try my best to bring her over to the Democratic side... she shares her Republican views with me as well.

It is a friendship that I treasure dearly and I pray that all the tons of doctors she currently sees , figure out EXACTLY what she is facing and bring her health back to her.

Her family is like mine... without us women...they would be SCREWED!! She is a superwoman like I am and every one of her family members rely on her for support, encouragement and discipline.

It is truly a tough job being a woman.

But being a woman facing uncertainty about her health, future and prognosis is almost too much for me to think about.

I have faith in God that everything will turn out okay for my dear friend.

I have faith that her family will rise to the occasion and help her through this trying and draining time.

I have faith that I can be the friend to her that she needs, and the friend that she can count on.

I have faith that she will let me help her in ANY way that I can, and that she will know that it is TOTALLY my honor to do the small things that I can to make her journey back to a healthy life easier.

As a request to all my faithful readers... PRAY for this wonderful woman and pray for a rapid and full recovery.

I know that it will happen...but extra prayers going up to the big "GUY" won't hurt and will let her know how much she is loved and thought of by friends... even ones she has never met.

No comments: