Thursday, October 9, 2008

I Just Can't Seem to Help Myself...

I am SOOO glad that the election is getting closer.

I am getting worn out.

Defending my beliefs, defending my choices, defending a man that I believe in.

Even my husband, who is a Republican told me just yesterday morning that he thought "my man" was going to win.

One of the many reasons that I love my husband is what he said to me after I said that Obama will be a great president.

He said "I really hope so".

Not that "The country will be ruined" or "This is the beginning of the end".

So many Republicans believe that if they don't have an elephant tromping through the white house... the country will fall apart.

In my opinion, the country has already fallen apart.

We may be donkeys...but we aren't asses!

WE have our downfalls, we make our mistakes, but we try more to take care of the people that need it the most.

My sister recently retired from her job after thirty years of service.

When signing her retirement package a few months ago.. she had $25,000 in her 401 K.

She checked it yesterday and she had $1.43.

A friend at work has lost $150,000.

After thirty years of service to a job...my sister is WIPED OUT!

My friends say "Leave it in there".

SO WHAT?

If it took her thirty years to acquire $25,000... it will take HOW long to build back up to at LEAST that minimum? And does she really have THAT long to wait for the money that she is deserved and entitled to?

SOMEONE dropped the ball.

Let's see...

Who has been in charge for the last eight years and what in the hell have they been doing?

I stand by my belief that the (republican) American people are terrified of a BLACK man being in the highest office in the land and think that it will be the down fall of the nation. That almost seems racist , if not ridiculous. If you feel this way, you should check yourself for not only racism, but for bigotry as well. If you don't believe me, just let it all play out... and condemn me in six months when he has taken control of the situation and made all of our lives better. YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THIS ONE... because it is going to happen and the country had better get used to the fact that the "BOY" is going to end up being the "MAN" that makes the difference and makes the changes that help us all.

My vote has already been cast.

My HOPE is that he swings into the white house with a vengeance and does what I know he can do...FIX THIS COUNTRY !!

I hope that in 2009.. my friends that were against and opposed to him will realize that all the talk and rhetoric were wrong.

We need a new start, we need a new government, we need a new leader.

I personally feel that it is Barrack Obama...I feel that it is time to give someone else a chance...a time to let us begin to take back the title of being the "Greatest Country In The World".

Quote your arguments about his past life, spout out your differences with his minister... WHO is trying to lead this country... Barrack or his "FORMER" minister?

Who are we voting into office... Barrack, or his preacher? Who is McCain's minister?

Haven't heard that much about McCain's church or affiliation.

Give this man a chance... and he can make this America a brighter and more prosperous place!!!.

I am NOT misinformed.

I am a very literate and informed person. I have done my research and I have evaluated my economic and political positions.

I watch the news and political shows .

My country, as well as my own family are in DIRE need of help and I as one American can stand up and say...

Get off your high right wing elephant butt and let the donkey kick some ASS.

Trust me in two years you and your 401 K will be grateful.

If not... you will regret it more than you could ever imagine.

And you can quote me on that!

No comments: