Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I Am At Your "Beck" and Call

My sister... my mentor...my saving salvation in my life...had been in dire need of help. Her husband had open heart surgery, out of work for six months total...from the time he got sick, was finally diagnosed and till he is released from the doctors care. The entire time this has been going on...two amazing friends have saved my sister time and time again. Actually they were her friends to begin with, but now I consider them mine as well. The wife went to the high school that my sister taught at....also the school my college room mate went to. The husband (I don't know where he went to school...I just know he came with the package of friendship). They live across the street from my sister. They have brought meals, they have visited at the hospital, they have visited since Harvey came home...They have been there "Literally" EVERY step of the way. They also attend the same church as my sister (I tend to home school my kids in religion). They organized for love offerings to be taken at the church to help my sister in the one way she needed most...financially.It was an amazing outpouring of love that the church showed...and one that was RIGHT ON TIME. Beside that, they are incredibly funny people (MY KIND OF PEOPLE). I thought that I was pretty funny until I heard some of their stories. They are genuine, they are honest...and they are true Christians and true friends. They stepped in and totally SAVED my sister when I couldn't. They took a burden off of her that was entirely overwhelming her and distracting her from the medical issues at hand. They will FOREVER be my heroes (and my sister's)....and they will always be considered some of my most valued friends and acquaintances. Friendship is a marvelous "PERK" to have in your life...and one not to be taken lightly or for granted. I value my friends, they are the foundation of a secure and stabilized life. They are your safety net, they are your back up....and they ALWAYS have your back. It would be a sad existence to live without knowing that you had people that love you so much...that they would , and DO help you in any spot, situation, or time of need. My sister is such a GOOD person that she has people falling over backwards to help her. And if the situation was reversed...she would be (and has quite often) the first person to lend a hand or help in any way that she could. But I want to express my gratitude to these two "ANGELS" that have pulled my sister through, and done it with "AMAZING GRACE".......How sweet is THAT sound? To my sister...and me....it is a beautiful melody...and a memory for a lifetime...Thanks Julie and Danny...(sorry that I used your names...but you deserve it) and know that you both mean the world to me, Cin, and the bills that you got paid by your selfless acts of love and friendship. Come on over next time we get together...and I will be the first to hug your necks, and the first to tell you how much I love you. Thanks for loving my sister...But she makes it easy to love her, doesn't she? I love you both, and just wanted to let you know how much you mean to my sister...and to me! God bless you both, as you have so richly blessed my sister. Till next time...COTTON

No comments: