Saturday, May 3, 2008

Lived To Tell

Over 150 class mates came together as a whole..lots of comments on my "stalker" lots of good times remembered. I feel compelled to say that I once again feel complete as not only a person, but a class mate that is welcomed by my peers....ones that hate me were obviously absent...classmates that I were never close to in school...(ROXIE) thanks for coming..and I feel proud to call you my friend ..and I hope that you consider me a friend as well. It was a group of red necks, politicians and blue collar workers....all coming together for an evening of unbridled and unchallenged lifestyles. We at RUSSELL are an eclectic and unassuming bunch of people that continue to connect and keep in contact over a fifty year span of time. When our school gets together...the house is "ROCKIN" we are a fired up, crazy mix of white, black, rich, poor, middle class people that make ANY party a party to remember! I LOVE my class mates, I love my childhood, and I love the life that I was so graciously given. When my husband and I left tonight, they were moving on to another club....and are still partying as I write this post. To have a school that WANTS to get together, WANTS to remember, WANTS to keep in touch...It makes me feel satisfied that I am a part of a school that not only remembers the past..but wants to keep in touch for the future...and who knows how long that may be? We "WILDCATS" were aptly named...and we hold true to our name. It was a pleasure to be surrounded by these people from my past, look at them in the present, and hope to see them in my future. And I didn't even get attacked by my stalker.... NOT YET!!! Till next time...COTTON

PS Thanks for all the compliments from one guy that I don't think I ever talked to before, that I have known since I was ten....WHO KNEW that he thought I was cute? I guess that 48 , and skinny is HIS kind of gal...but anyway...It was nice to hear, and it made my husband laugh (I need to ask my husband EXACTLY what he was laughing at). At least Tim is married to 105 lb's of grief...as opposed to 200 lb's of grief. That HAS to be a heck of a lot more crap to put up with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly friends for every. last night was fun.
Roxie