Sunday, April 6, 2008

"Robyn's" Little Eggs

If you read my blog, you know that my twelve year old daughter is running a babysitting enterprise out of my house. Two of our latest additions are Emma and Gracie, five and three..respectively. Although I think that Gracie, may in fact be a thirty year old woman reincarnated into the body of a three year old. Emma is as sensitive as Gracie is strong. They are two of the most well behaved, intelligent and respectful children that I have ever met. Their MOM is a single mom.... one of the toughest jobs on the planet, but one that she has mastered quite well and should be extremely proud of. These two girls are always clean, dressed to the nines, and happy EVERY time that I see them (KUDOS to you Mom... and I can say that with the experience of having raised three, and enjoying your two!) They never hesitate to tell you EXACTLY what is on their mind at any given moment, or telling you want they need most in that exact second of their little lives. In some ways I miss those times; in others, I am glad that I have lived through them. Girls are so totally different from boys...and I have two boys... that were later pestered with a sister. (THANK GOD IN HEAVEN). When you have boys, you just throw them into a room, give them some Legos or a controller to a video game, and tell them to call you when they are hungry. With girls... they HAVE to be in the middle of whatever you are doing, constantly wanting to help, assist or know "WHY"? are you doing "THAT"? It is like that they know one day they are going to have to do it all themselves, and if we could just give them a little "heads up"... they may end up with a few less gray hairs or frown lines than us... and may figure out some shortcut that us "OLE" farts forgot to tell them about. These two girls are "SO" on top of their game, so smart, cute and well raised... it is only a matter of time that they meet a man that is "DOOMED" to be a victim of their beauty and poise; and will begin his slippery slide down the slope that they couldn't claw their way out of with acrylic nails.They will just say "YES", they will nod blindly ; and they will be two of the luckiest men on the planet. It has been a sincere pleasure to meet these two little "WOMEN", and will be a "hoot" to one day meet the men that they will entrap so gracefully. I enjoy it every time I see them, and they are always so loving to me that I sometimes wonder if their mother pays them for their compliments to, and about me! Us women are a hearty stock of humanity... and "Robyn" has raised two of the best eggs in the nest! I wish that my daughter had a sister... (although that Christmas present that I gave my husband several years back...a vasectomy) HEY!!.. at least I paid the co pay, AND bought him a bag of frozen peas... probably struck that from life's agenda. I try to not only to be her mother, but her sister and her best friend. So far, it has worked out famously... my daughter is my saving salvation in a house of males that would die of starvation or stupidity without us. I say that last comment in jest (KINDA)... the more you do for them, the more they TOTALLY rely on you. So what I am living with is a product of my own over achievement as a wife and mother. I need to prepare her for her future though, because I don't see the women of the next generation (Gracie and Emma) doing what I have unfortunately done and created. If the men of the future knew what kind of strong willed, self sufficient women "Robyn" has STORMING towards them down the path of life... It would be a whole new ballgame... and one that I would want a "side line" seat for!! Till next time, unless my husband happens to read this post and throttles me...(then who would do the laundry, cook and clean?) ....GUESS I'LL STILL BE HERE!!!! COTTON .... P.S. I love my husband dearly, but men JUST do not know HOW MUCH women do, or how much would NOT get done without us. Sometimes that is all we want... JUST a THANK YOU!!

2 comments:

CinCin said...

I know it's not me you want it from, but, "THANK YOU"!
Cin

CinCin said...

I know it's not me you want it from, but, "THANK YOU"!
Cin