Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Facing my Thirty Year Grudge...In The Face

As I write this short blog, I know that this may be my last post. I am going to my class reunion to face my "UNI BOMBER". I have wrestled back and forth over whether or not to go...my husband is reluctantly going with me (probably so he can call in the life insurance policy as soon as I am "OFFED" by my enemy from three decades ago). I just cannot, with a clear conscience let this girl who for some strange reason wants to either kill me or dump pig's blood over my head while I am basking in the spotlight of having kept all classmates in touch for thirty years...keep me away. "CARRIE" the old movie is swimming through my head even though the event is two days away. She has been strangely quiet...probably planning her strategy and her quick get away. Or maybe she is back on her meds and is not planning to come at all. My husband jokingly (I HOPE) told our kids; "Your Mom might not make it into the ballroom, but if she doesn't...we will take the target out in the parking lot"! THIRTY YEARS...three stinking decades ago, someone felt picked on . Well you know what? We were ALL picked on in high school , we all had our weaknesses, we all had our phobias, and except for one person, we ALL got over it. So I leave you with this thought...I will not be deterred from going to see my former class mates and friends, not be scared away by vicious and spiteful comments...and more than this..will not run away from my past. I have had MANY, MANY emails from class mates wanting to know if I was coming...so obviously they either want me there, or want to see my timely demise by a 4'10" tall STARK white....amazingly white, angry and boiling pot of humanity that wants to show everybody that she can not only hold a grudge for three decades, but can still try to whip my butt! So every morning as I get ready for work..I play the "ROCKY" theme song, drink my glass of raw eggs...and prepare for my "BIG GRUDGE" match. If she does come, I have already decided to play it low key, just speak to her politely, and walk on my tip toes the rest of the evening. Let's just hope for the safety of every one there, no TEQUILA is brought out, and hope that you all hear from me Sunday morning. High school is indeed a rough period in life...but I feel that it is one that is intended to prepare you for the rest of your journey, teaches you what to take to heart and what to take as a lesson. I think that this may be our BIGGEST turnout yet!!! I wonder if all my class mates have a "squares" betting pool going as to what will happen....I wish they had let ME buy a square. Or come to think of it...I am wondering if maybe my husband started it...He HAS been UNUSUALLY nice these past few days. I think that I will end now so that I can go check the caller ID and see if he has been talking to the enemy ! Till (hopefully) next time.....MEAN OLE COTTON

3 comments:

Stella said...

HAHAHAHAHA, Kelly! You crack me up! I read what Tommy wrote and was amazed and also read what she wrote to Denise's post! WOW! I got your back sister!

Joannah said...

Kell, I don't think you have a thing to worry about. Folks usually tend to be MUCH tougher on the "internets". I say you break out that old waffle house uniform you wore at Johnnys that time, complete with the black olive tooth and go! Give Tim the videocamera and post it on youtube!

Good Luck. Have Fun. I love you, and I wish I was there....at least you could give your friends in "low places" a call! I'd help.

Anonymous said...

Hi kelly Tommie has to go out of town her mom is sick. So she will not be there, Roxie