Sunday, March 30, 2008

"WOOD" You Like to Meet My Friends?

Some of my favorite people in the world are a couple of my regulars at the restaurant. They are two of the most laid back, genuine people that you could ever be lucky enough to call your friend. He owns a grading business, and she owns him. I think I like her so much for the fact that she is like me. He doesn't have to think when she's around, she shoves her husband down the path of life like I do. "DO this, DO that, you need to order this, I think THIS is what you want." And just like my own husband... it is usually a "Yes Dear." Those probably aren't the words they are thinking, but the ones that they know we want to hear... and they most often comply without thinking. HEY! It's OUR job to do the thinking, and if you roll with it, your life is going to be MUCH MUCH happier! (Not to mention OURS!) We have had them over to our house a couple of times for dinner, and they always supply us with firewood, and tons of other things that we didn't ask for them to bring. My fifteen year old son , thinks they are the greatest thing since sliced bread, and for once is his fifteen years, I tend to agree with him. My kids think that they are "Millionaires" ... by my family's standards, they probably are! The incredible thing about them is that they know almost everyone in America, or knows someone that does, or can find some common link that joins every person you have ever met or known, with whatever you are talking about, and finds some way to link you together. He is a "whatever" guy, and she is a "What about it"? girl. MY KIND OF PEOPLE!! They always ask for my table at work (she mostly DEMANDS it)....once again, MY KIND OF GIRL!! They have helped me out in countless kinds of ways, firewood, great tips, great friendship, advice and opinions... and lots of love and laughs. For some odd reason, they seem to love me, and I am eternally grateful for that fact. My husband... who is a HARD sell on meeting my customers that I talk about, loves them almost more than me! I feel blessed to have met them, blessed that they have taken to me and my family, and blessed that he takes over a week and a half to cash my checks for his firewood. Now THAT is a TRUE friend in my book!!!! All kidding aside (of course that will never happen with me)... they are truly wonderful people, with hearts as big as their truck, and thankfully for me , a soft spot for a loud mouth, bossy waitress, that gives them as much grief as she gives service...Yet they seem to love me, and you know what? ... I love them right back. Thanks for loving me, caring about my problems, always helping me with them... and for coming in to see me as often as you do. I hope to one day be able to repay you for all of your kindness (don't hold your breath till I get all the kids out of my house)... But know just how much you mean to me and my family, and how much your friendship and caring for us has touched our hearts, and made our world so much better in so many ways. And to answer your next question... "NO , I will NOT slice your bread"!! Till next time .... COTTON

1 comment:

Ed Mahony said...

Hi

I love your blog. When I was a student over from the UK and working and travelling in the USA, chatting to waitresses was a daily event. Not only was it fun but it was a great way to find out who to go to for this, where to find a job and so on. Eamon.