Thursday, March 20, 2008

Our Pokey Little Puppy

We have a bartender at work... let's just call her "Pokey." She is one of the nicest, most laid back employees that we have. She is just as pretty as can be ( one of the things that helps her most behind the bar). I am a maniac at work, always "full throttle" and sometimes feeling like I am in a pinball game, expecting to "TILT" at any given moment. But not our "POKEY." I can almost hear a "DUM DE DUM DE DUM" as she gracefully and casually goes through her motions... fills drinks as quickly as she can (which ain't too quick if ya really wanna know.) It is the common name that several of us have applied to her..." POKEY." And it doesn't bother her one lick... she KNOWS that she is slow.... it is her FORTE, her trademark. Of course you can never fluster her, because she never thinks that she is behind or busy... once again "DUM DE DUM DE DUM." I sometimes wonder how she makes it through crucial times at work... but to our "Pokey" there are no crucial times. She is beautiful, has a great body and is REALLY nice. How can anyone get upset at her? She and her husband have a small daughter, who is ALREADY the "Queen" of the house.. and I keep telling my friend... YOU JUST WAIT!!! By the time her daughter grows up into a tween, her husband will be besotted by so many "DUM DE DUM DE DUMS" and "GOTCHA,GOTCHA, GOTCHA'S" that he may well be in a straight jacket by that point. His only consolation will be that he is surrounded by two beautiful women and a crazy female Pug, named Lucy, and probably should just give up at this point in the game. He is helpless, already beaten into submission by the females that have captured not only his heart, but his bank account as well. My daughter who is twelve, absolutely LOVES her "Pokey" and texts her almost as much as she does me. Sometimes when she goes over to babysit, I wonder who she is watching.. Pokey, or her daughter? Maybe it is both! But I love my friend.. she is what mixes up this crazy world, and makes it more fun. Without her... I would have a lot less material. You know I love ya "Pokey". And hurry up with those drinks... they weren't 21 when they ordered them, but they are now!

4 comments:

Pokey said...

Thanks smelly, I will be sure to "fly" those drinks out for ya!! Saturday... me and doofus! Oh dear:)

"Lisa" said...

Kelly you are right, she is the BEST pokey ever!!! Would in the world would we pick on if she wasn't so slow--I know pokey jr. Dre.

"Lisa" said...

I meant WHO in the world.

Unknown said...

Pokey and Doofus...our dynamic duo!