Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Project Central



We got lucky and bought the perfect house to remedy this old wives tale.



I work days out in the yards and spend nights working on the inside.


Case in point.

Our kitchen a couple of weeks ago.



Then the following things happened...











I spent very little money, around a hundred dollars, but was more than worth every single penny. Our wonderful new neighbor across the street built the benches for us as a housewarming present, only charging me twenty five dollars for the lumber. I spent about forty dollars on black and red paint from Sherwin Williams, bought two cheap brushes for a couple of bucks from Walmart...and

BAM!!


Every night I make a list for the next couple of days, or leave notes on my phone when I think of something else I want to do around the house or yards. I think my biggest expense was forty dollars spent for a new comforter set at TJ Maxx (half price) for our king size bed.


The blanket folded up at the end of the bed is our old comforter (worn down to blanket status) and all the accent pillows are leftovers from our  house in Georgia.







As Bob Dylan  eloquently put it many years and years ago... on my favorite album of his, Blood on the Tracks...

My life has been a simple twist of fate.


Back about a decade ago, for me,  it was "Throw in the towel and curl up in despair because things have gone wrong,  after a pretty great twenty year run of perfection... or come out swinging like a girl."




I chose to swing.

Even crazier...if it can get any crazier, the above is a pic of my nephew's wife, whacking the crap out of a softball. She can do this on a daily basis and then some. She could whoop a wrasler.

 He married well.





My other nephew did just as well with his choice for a mate.



The old adage is so true...

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

She can do anything, and does it well.

She cuts hair like a professional, makes jewelry better than well known designers and knows every secret to a healthy existence.






It's been a crazy ride, but one I'd do again in a heartbeat if I had to.


I have always been fortunate and lucky enough to be loved by my family and friends, especially when we needed it the most. 



I will never forget that, and will always pay it forward.




Karma got us here.




And Karma will get us there.



Until next time...COTTON



No comments: