Friday, January 25, 2019

Life

 
I don't like this picture of me, but my daughter does.

In other words, it's most probably a good picture of me... and I definitely hate looking at how old I really am.


After finally finding, purchasing and moving into the house we've been looking for since leaving our homestate of Georgia...



We feel home again.



It's older, like us...but built like us.



From hearty stock, built well, luckily loved and has countless stories to tell about the past.


Every day now I have a project to tackle.




 It may take just five minutes out of my day, or may take most of my afternoon or evening.

What a blessing  either way.


Lately I tackled painting our old tables. One is in the breakfast nook, and the other is in the kitchen. The breakfast nook table is close to forty years old, handed down from my sis when her own boys (now in their thirties) were young.





The kitchen table is from my eclectic, wonderful and sorely missed mother in law who passed about a year or so ago.

It is at least about a hundred years old.





It's a butterfly table with ball and claw feet. Her herd of dogs (Almost twenty over the years I knew her) chewed on the feet but once painted black, you don't even notice.


Yeah, I used a cheap brush to paint them both with.

I didn't have a roller. But I had a brush, some paint, and a day off, so I did it.




You can see brush strokes and marks on both tables, but I kinda like it that way.


They are  the strokes and paths of my life, and every single one of them tells a part or story of my journey to now. 

Every single bristle on that cheap brush is a part of the tale, and one of the reasons why I am who I am.




I'm a woman with more faults, lines, old lady skin, hot flashes and wrinkles than virtues, but at least I own it it. 




At least I wake up every day grateful and go to bed even more so.

My slap dab painting is a mess, I'll  admit...but gets the point across.

It's simply there to remind me of the tracks of my tears, and remind me to keep on keeping on.





Take a good look at yourself...and be the difference.


COTTON


No comments: