Thursday, December 5, 2013

Getting Old, But it Beats the Alternative

Dang, sometimes being a waitress rules. I know I'm supposed to call myself a "Server" but am old school and still consider myself a waitress. Always have been, always will be.

Work was slow tonight, when I needed it to be busy. (Murphy's Law) I only waited on three tables but walked out with almost ninety bucks.

I waited on two peeps, a mother and son, waited on five teachers having their Christmas gift exchange when my Christmas Angel came in. She's only a bit older than me, a Coweta County native and one of my favorite people. She suffers from MS. I have a brother in law who suffers from it too. It seems when you  have MS all you do is suffer from it. No cure, just coping.

I used  to take her meals a couple of times a month but have been slack lately. It's crazy but was thinking of her today when I left the bank and passed by the turn off for her street.

Tonight she  ambled into  the restaurant on her walker with her daughter, who could be a freakin model she's so pretty and they  sat at my table. I would love nothing more than to be able to go out to dinner with my momma but lost her when I was seventeen. Hope I can hang around a few more years for Massey and me to do  the same for years to come.

It was slow so we got to chat. I love to chat. Actually I like to talk and talk and talk.

My friend started feeling bad and her daughter came up to me to ask if I could make their entrees to go? I packed  up their dinner, packed  up the rest of their bottle of wine, packed them some bread with olive oil, Parmesan cheese and seasonings and put it all in a box.

This woman not only suffers from  MS, she suffers from losing her husband to cancer a year  ago. Every time I go to her house she is a delight to be around. She is  a strong minded and sound woman and I admire her.

I walked them out to the car carrying the box and gave her a hug, I  think she hugged me even tighter.  I went back inside to clear the table and picked up the credit  card slip. I didn't have my glasses on and thought she had left me a fifty percent tip. I shook my head thinking she shouldn't  have done that. Twenty  minutes later I put my glasses on  and realized she had left me an almost hundred percent tip.

Now I can pay off my cell phone bill and buy some presents for more kids through  The Salvation Army. What goes around comes around. What's even more important is when someone  pays it forward to you, pay it forward to another.

I think I am one of the luckiest people on the face of the earth. I may not have a lot of money but have a butt load of love coming at me.

Love is all you need.

My hair is going totally gray, I sweat like a wrestler 24/7 and the veins on my legs and hands look like they will burst any minute but I'm still here... a good place to be when you still have three kids kicking around the planet.

I just can't  grasp or understand all the politics. I can't understand all the political fighting. I can't understand the back biting and back stabbing. I sincerely think the American people have forgotten the most important words. "WE the people"



We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Loosely translated by  this girl it all means "Live and let live. Love as you would want to be loved. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." In my book that pretty much covers it all.

Life is pretty simple but why are we all turning  the deaf ear  and fighting when we should be ONE nation?

 "Imagine"

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one


Just saying...peeps live to live by Karma and remember The Golden Rule.

Til next  time...COTTON



No comments: