Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring Has Sprung

 So I finally had a day off. Since Friday morning I worked seven shifts (with a bad back) and when I clocked out last night hollered "Let the drinking begin!" My pup in the above photo was so happy to see me last night and we snuggled all night (back to back) with him sleeping on  Tim's side of the bed and me on my side with my heating pad. I took Massey to school this morning and decided to resume the position when I got back home. Heck the sun doesn't go down til after seventy thirty now...I got all day to get stuff done!  I picked Massey up after school and I kicked into gear. We stopped at McDonald's and got a gross but filling meal. I got a fish sandwich and she some other crap and we went to Auto zone to get some cycle two oil for my weed eater who has been in hibernation longer than Johnny. The last time I cut the front of the subdivision (in September of last year) I lost the button off the bottom of my weed eater. You know...you tap it on the ground and it feeds the line. We went to Lowes to try and get a replacement. My itty bitty car is too small to hold my weed eater in the trunk and I had just cleaned the leather seats so I took the pole apart and just took the bottom half. The thing about Lowes and even Home Depot is that  employees are hard to find when you need their help. After harassing an employee into helping me he wanted to know the make and model. Crap...should had brought the part that had a model number on it! I couldn't get the old spool off and neither could the guy who I  commandeered into helping me. I told him "Thank you" and we went to the aisle where they sold tools. I found a pair of pliers still attached to  the cardboard and sat down to pull the old spool off.

 BINGO...just a small bruise later on my foot from the weed eater hitting my foot,  barely oozing blood  I had the spool off and we headed back to the weed eater aisle. Caught an employee off guard and asked for help finding a replacement spool. He handed me one that looked like it would fit but as I tried to rip open  the package to see for sure he said "You're really not supposed to do that...but I have a knife that will open it."  BINGO! My weed whacker was back in "Bidness."  I went home and cut my neighbor's front yard (Mr. Slow "Lee") as he hung onto the back of his truck watching me every turn of the way.

I told him I needed to borrow a rake to get all the grass off of my back yard that I cut two days ago and since I cut his grass all summer long he handed Massey one as I pulled Johnny into the garage.
The above photo shows why I had to borrow a rake. Mine had about four tines left and were all broken off. Zach used it as a poker for the fire pit in the back yard..."DUH" it's plastic!

Got my back yard all groomed and raked up, Thanks to Mr. "Slow" Lee.  Finished around seven PM and even cooked dinner. Massey was the only one in attendance, Zach was at work and Tim was sawing ZZZ's upstairs because he gets up at eleven for work.

All that matters to me is that I got my trusty weed eater fixed for less than ten bucks, finished my own yard, my neighbor's front yard. The bonus will be collecting a  check from the Homeowner's Association tomorrow when I cut the front of our subdivision. (which is no easy feat)

Massey made the comment that Johnny would be jealous if he knew I spent over a hour trying to fix my secret lover "Mr. Weed Eater."

All I have  to say is that I LOVE doing yard work...and getting sixty bucks for it. Minus the ten for the part is still a win/win.

Buying a new rake with my HOA check and hiding it. I'll just put it behind a basket of dirty clothes and no one in my house will ever spot it!

No comments: