Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I Absolutely LOVE This Weather

I am so elated that Spring is finally here. Actually  Winter was kinda like Spring with a few cold and rainy days thrown in but I am thrilled that sunny days and extended daylight hours are back. I can sleep a little longer knowing that I have at least a hour or two of extra daylight tagged on to the end of my day and don't need coats or long johns.

I celebrated the season by painting my toe nails the other day...made me feel like a million bucks and inspired me to go crazy and shave my legs too!  I'm not a girly girl by any means and often wonder where Massey gets HER "Girly-osity?" Most certainly not from me, I don't even carry a purse but if I needed one she has thirty for me to choose from.

I started my gig again today at  the front of our subdivision. I cut it for the HOA once a month and don't ever remember starting as early as  March but will really like having that extra check!  I'm a no frills girl. I jump on Johnny in Daisy Dukes cut offs and a tank top...when it gets really hot I switch  to a bathing suit top. It's not like I have any kind of Hoo-Hahs to speak of and considering  my hair cut makes me look like a skinny boy from the back and a lesbian from the front. The cat calls from passing cars are usually few and far between. If I get one, it's always from a pick up truck and I am pretty sure they have all been drinking and anyway a  compliment from a bunch of drunk Mexicans in a pick up on the way from their landscaping job is good enough for me! I'm easy  to please and usually wave back to the amigos.

I'm just thrilled that warm weather is back. I cut grass for two hours and weed eated for one with no back pain at all. Just two days ago I was thinking about signing up for a "Rascal' or "Hoveround."

I'm a Leo so I guess it comes naturally. Give me a day in the nineties with full sun over a rainy day in  the low forties anytime.

Actually doing some Spring cleaning as well, which constitutes vacuuming and cleaning the kitchen floor in my little "Book of Spring Cleaning."

My weekends are packed with working but  have Tuesday through Thursday easy...only two shifts and  my  favorite three days of the week.  Had to quit weed eating the second ditch at the front today because I had to get ready for work but will finish it tomorrow morning after taking Massey to school and before  heading into work at 10:30. As an extra bonus I am off tomorrow night and believe it or not am cooking dinner again.

I'm thinking homemade BBQ sauce on chopped chicken sandwiches, potato salad with red potatoes, celery and bacon bits, and maybe an asparagus casserole. That may even leave me time to scrub a toilet or two and catch up some laundry afterwards .

Life may not always be what you want, but you always need to make the best of what you have!

Til next  time...COTTON

No comments: