Thursday, April 7, 2011

Dog Sitting Duty Day Two...

On the way to my friend's house this morning before work to check on their dogs, and let a few more cats out the back door...I picked them up a possum and two raccoons off the bypass. I was looking for an armadillo (wouldn't it be cool to have a tiny dinosaur?) I figured the possum will take care of a couple of the cats and the raccoon can pass for one of the missing cats! I picked up a shift this morning from a fellow co worker last night on FB. She said "Do you want my 11AM shift?" To me that means I am supposed to be there at 11. I flew to my dog sitting house and helped the dogs hump over to crap faster...fed them, shooed them back outside and let them crap again , put them back in their kennels promising them I would spend more time with them after my lunch shift. I've never seen a dog give a "Yeah, RIGHT!" look before, but believe I got one from both pups as I shut their kennels. Got to work with five minutes to spare only to learn I was forty minutes early for my shift. "AARRGGHH!" I went across the street to throw a few bucks at Verizon so our cell phones wouldn't be cut off...that 's my connection to Massey while she is in Ohio and I can't let that happen. Went back to work and got off around 2:00. I went by the bank using the drive through making fake calls on my cell phone while I made my deposit. It makes me feel better when I am worried I am in the "Red." That way I'm not staring at the teller wondering if they are going to say "Your account has been closed." Then if they do, I can hold up one finger and say "I'm on the phone with Oprah...she's depositing some money in my account as we speak." I was in the "Black" with 14 bucks to spare! Went back to check on the pups I am sitting. There was a cat sitting out front that acted like it was supposed to go inside so I let it when I opened the door. Spent a few minutes letting the dogs enjoy some couch time and for the life of me couldn't figure out how to make their TV come on. The pups seemed as disappointed as me when I couldn't watch "GH." Let two cats out and one more back in...these people are going to kill me when they come back from Ohio with sixteen more animals living in their house than when they left. They all seem happy to be there, so who am I to question it? I didn't get off until after nine and went back to check on the pups. They can hear me before I even put the key in the lock. They are cute little dogs and have really taken a shine to me. I have decided that before the family gets back I will take a calculator and count all the animals I have been letting in and out, just in case they try to sue me! When I got home from work and my husband was leaving for work, he said to drop Charlie (our bulldog) off at their house tomorrow. "Just tell them he is a snub nosed fat cat you found scratching at their back door." So I'm not a great animal sitter this week. Normally I am. I have worked so many shifts this week I have lost count and still have five more to go. At least the dogs are okay. The cats...I think they are all still there. There may be a couple of new ones and I might have lost one or two of the old ones, but who's counting? (NOT ME) I have to be at work by 10:30 in the morning. Going by to take a quick head count before work and will take another before I go back for my dinner shift. This family USED to be Massey's best friend's parents. You may be reading about me on the news...Do you think the family will notice the two chipmunks I let in the back door? Or will they say "Hey, I found those hamsters with stripes we have been looking for!"

3 comments:

petdoginsurance said...

Very interesting and LOL
Dog sitter New York

Auto'Blog'raphy of a Waitress & Mom said...

You are MORE than welcome. I LOVE me some dogs...cats make me nervous but are cute to pet if they are someone else's. Thanks for the comments...I just put my life out there and hope others can relate or identify...it feels good to know you aren't alone sometimes!

Keep reading and I'll keep writing!

Unknown said...

Really i appreciate the effort you made to share the knowledge.The topic here i found was really effective to the topic which i was researching for a long time. Professional Pet Services