Thursday, May 8, 2008

My Victims "Du Jour"

I have decided to pick on my nephews for a bit. I have quite a few nephews, but these two are close to my heart and my roots. Casey was the first born... looking like a papoose...a native American infant...he had the most amazing dark complexion that I have ever seen. Unusual for a little "Whitey". He grew up to be an amazing ball player at the tender age of five. He is a sensitive, "THINKY" type(is that a word?) He is extremely talented in quite a few areas...graphic arts, singing, baseball, golf; making you love him ..and staying in the home nest as long as he can. My brother did not move out of our childhood home until he was almost thirty . Obviously my nephew has followed his uncle's lead..."MAN, living at home is a DREAM come true...don't rush yourself into having to buy your own food or pay for utilities when they are just sittin there..waiting to be used." He has made "BABY" steps....gotten his own car, is working at not only driving my sister nuts, but helping her with her painting business (he is an awesome painter). He is a pleasure to be around..and I love him dearly (but he ain't in MY house, at the age of 25). He will eventually become something GREAT... I have no doubt in my mind.

And then there is "GRIFFIN" He came into the world screaming, and continued that practice for the first three years of his life. I am not sure what he was screaming about...but he wanted it to be heard..BY EVERY ONE!! Every picture of him that I have when he was a toddler...is a pic of him with a grimace on his face, and a tantrum waiting to be be expelled. He was cute to look at; but a tyrant in diapers that demanded to be "Immediately " recognized and sucked up to! He followed his ( I mean Our) traumatic period by becoming the most "laid back" and "WHATEVER" individual that you could ever want to know. He is also a ball player, and an athlete. He has a girlfriend that could kick his butt on a daily basis if the need arises, and I think that is what he may love about her the most.

They are two TOTALLY different people; but I love them equally, get on to them equally, and want the best for both of them on a daily basis. How my sister raised two boys on her own is beyond my comprehension...and something that I would never want to attempt. When I wait on families that have young boys when I am at work, and they stumble over just ordering "CHICKEN FINGERS" ... I tell them that "One day you will get married...and you won't have to THINK again for the REST of your life." We shove our men down the path of life...WHO ELSE IS GOING TO DO IT? I love my husband beyond belief, but how did he make it until he met me? How will my nephews make it without a female telling them what to do? How will my two sons make it? I guess That "EVE" took control in the Garden of Eden, and said "LOOK....THIS IS THE WAY THINGS ARE GOING TO GO"!! Just make it easy on us all, and do what we tell you.... You may be the head of the family, but I am the neck... I will tell you which way to turn. Granted In hindsight, I should have not pushed the "APPLE" thing...but cut me some slack...I have those two boys, Cain and Abel to look after". We are a bossy bunch... but BABY, we can "GET 'ER DONE." We love you men, we respect you, but women are the epitome of "The Heart of a Family"...EXCUSE ME.... CAN YOU HAVE A BABY???" Get back to me when you can!! I love my nephews and my sons dearly..but when it comes to reality...There is nothing better than having a good woman shoving you down the right path of life!
I absolutely adore my nephews, and want them to succeed in life...and I KNOW that they will. I want them to know that I love them beyond belief, and have faith in them more than they could ever know... But I believe in them...and they can ALWAYS believe in me. Till next time... COTTON

No comments: