Tuesday, September 11, 2018

I Enjoy To LOL



Got muh hur did today.

I always check in online with the app so I can see how busy they are. I won't wait more than five minutes for a cut. If I walk in and there are more than three people waiting, I turn and walk right back out the door. I pay fourteen dollars for a cut...and always pay with a twenty, no change.

I'm a pretty low maintenance (crazy) person. I don't wear a whole lotta makeup. If I'm not working I don't wear it at all, unless I have to dress up and go somewhere.

So I walked in today after checking in online with an estimated 0 minutes wait time.

Perfect!

There were only three women in the entire place and were all employees, chilling in the empty salon chairs. 

They recently closed the Great Clips I had been going to since moving here, and this was my second time at the new location. I recognized one of the stylists from the old place but didn't know the other two. One was Latino and the other Chinese. The one I recognized from the other place was Hawaiian.

What a cool, eclectic, across the board mix of chicks!

The woman who cut my hair was a very attractive woman, probably in her early forties. She introduced herself to me and said "I am Gina, from Mexico."

Well howdy, Gina! Can you do a razor cut?

She did a very good job, took her time and did exactly as I had asked.

By the time I got out of the chair, there were six people waiting in the chairs by the door and a line of four people standing at the register to check in.

The woman at the front of the line was being helped by my Hawaiian friend from the old place, who also does an excellent job.

The woman at the front of the line was in her sixties, with a ragged knot of partly colored but mostly gray hair twisted up on top of her head like she was getting in a bath tub and didn't want to get it wet. It wasn't even in a bun.

 She was going on and on about how she wanted the same person to cut her hair who cut it the last time, and didn't it say who cut it on the computer screen? They had given her one person but that person couldn't do the hair cut she wanted so they had passed her off to someone else...and that's who she wanted to cut her hair. My Hawaiian friend, who now had five people standing in line ready to check in behind this lady, was trying to be as nice as she could. 

I was kind of standing off to the side of the register waiting to pay, while Gina, from Mexico was standing directly behind my Hawaiian pal who was being held hostage by Granny Gray Hair at the front of a now seven person deep line, waiting to be able to use the computer and ring me up.

It got me tickled so I kinda turned my back to them all and pretended to look at something riveting on my cell phone.

Ms. Hawaii told the woman neither stylist even worked there anymore, and the computer listed her last visit as being on October 22, 2017.

Then the other shoe dropped.

Another woman, probably in her later sixties, sitting in the chair directly by the front door, waiting her own turn, immediately piped up quite loudly said  "Last  year?!"

I starting laughing and couldn't stop. And it wasn't just a giggle.

I took twenty one dollars out of my back pocket, handed it to Gina, from Mexico and told her to keep the change. 

I laughed all the way to my car, just thinking about that other woman chiming in with her accusatory comment,
"LAST year?"


Number one, if you only get your hair cut once a year, you can't be that picky about your hair style, or who cuts it.

Number two, it's not an annual physical, it's a hair cut.

People watching is the ultimate full time binge worthy comedy show, with no re runs or hiatus.

I think that is why I enjoy serving the public for a living so much. I seriously don't think I have ever worked a single shift over the past thirty nine years without laughing hysterically at something or someone, at least two or three times. Plus you are pretty much in charge of your own success.
 Bad servers generally don't make good tips.

It's the kind of job anyone should feel lucky to have, and I do.

Tim has the serious job, I have the fun job.

Of course his pays a lot more, and that's good for me too. It's like I have the best of both worlds.



I used to think our problems were huge, and maybe they were, but only financially and still feel bad I fretted so much about it.

There was no need . We were and are, loved by many, and love them all as well, right (hopefully one day paid) back.


There are so many people I know right now... from childhood, church,  high school, college years and even some from moving here, who are fighting the battle of their lifetime...literally.


THAT, my friends, is a problem you have to worry about.


Reach out to someone going through something, be it big or small. Never judge, just love.

Just be there.

Religion and politics are a non factor when someone needs my support. It has always been that way with me and always will.  Love isn't a contract, agreement or treaty you sign.

Love is a life long promise, to never be broken, from your heart to theirs.



This world needs love, now more than ever.



I've been left with excellent examples.

















We've dodged Florence, for now. You never know with Mother Nature; if she's PMSing, you're screwed.



This also made me laugh out loud. 


I hope everyone in the path of Florence is spared. Irma tweren't no joke and was a long few days of total inconvenience and sweltering heat; for us, and our three dogs.

Til next time...

Contented Cotton















No comments: