Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Have A Spooktacular Day

We're the Clampetts 364 days of the year. One day of the year, October 31st... we're the Munsters.

Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays. No presents expected or expensive dinner to buy and cook.

Nothing but good old fashioned fun for kids...and adults.

When our kids were little I went all out, decorating the house every Halloween...complete with spooky music playing loudly on the stereo with the speakers propped in the windows and me dressed as a witch. I painted my entire face and neck green with paint from Party City.



One year we made a haunted house in our garage, hanging sheets of black plastic to make walk ways twisting and turning through our two car garage. At the end we had a mail box posted, surrounded by black plastic where kids had to open it and get their candy. We had the front of the box facing the kids to open, and cut the back out so my neighbors' husband could reach through (with a fake spooky hand glove on) to try and snatch the candy back.

That was our best Halloween ever!

Massey and Zach always wore their costume of choice which they had to have. TJ just usually wore his horrific pull over rubber mask with a black hood and cape, carrying a pillow case for his haul.





I miss those times, when the kids were still little and got so excited by a simple night of fun.

They held a Halloween event out front of the restaurant where I work on Saturday night. I bet they were five hundred people there. The costumes were great, wish I had taken pictures but unfortunately (fortunately) was too busy to stop and take them. I went dressed as a server, trying to make that almighty dollar from making everybody mighty happy in a restaurant.



Here's a couple of my favorite cyber Halloween costumes instead:

 Bruce Bannister (The Incredible Hulk) at his finest.



Whoever this kid has for parents is riding the same Crazy Train I am...totally awesome!

Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe....spot on!!


Off with her Head!!




Too funny but also a sad statement of reality.

Yep...that's the Weiner!!


I hope everyone enjoyed their own Halloween.

It's a holiday you shouldn't pick apart and make about evil satanic ways or witchcraft.

It's a holiday to simply give kids a break from reality...and trust me they need it, with the world we're leaving them.

There's still time to change what we leave the future generation.

I'm on board, how about you?


Here's to hoping to be pleasantly surprised.






Till next time...COTTON

No comments: