Thursday, October 12, 2017

Getting Better All The Time


I remember when we first moved down here. My brother took us out to eat our second night of living in Orlando. I was still sad about leaving my home state of fifty six years. At dinner he said something which has turned out to exactly true.

"People from home tend to visit you a lot when you move to Orlando."

Tonight a dear friend from my LongHorn days and Mama Lucia's days came to eat dinner with my daughter while I was working. We had a great time! Needless to say, my friend took excellent care of me and think they enjoyed it. The great thing about my restaurant is no matter who comes in with Massey, or Tim or even my brother, they all get fifty percent off. There's no limit to how many times a week or month they come in, you still get half price. Great perk!



 I ending up getting off early and we all sat out front by the fire pit talking for an hour.


There's always plenty to talk about when you've worked in the service industry with someone. We laughed, shook our heads and rolled our eyes a lot...a whole lot. There's always that one nut in the bunch. It's what makes me seem normal.


I've been blessed with many visits since moving here.












Love not only moves mountains but makes a heart full. My letter writing has paid off as well. I have heard back from lunch ladies I worked with at my kids' elementary school when I did my stint as a Lunch Lady for three years... hardest job I ever had.

I've written to friends from childhood, and heard back.

I've written to former co workers and former managers. I've written to relatives I haven't seen in decades. I've written to high school and college friends and friends from the church where I grew up.

Most all reply with a feeling of how great it was to get something in the mail besides a bill.

The art of the hand written letter seems to be disappearing in this new age technology.

Thank God for old farts like me.

Most of them call or text me to say they are sorry they haven't written back.

No worries, I don't expect a written response. Writing is totally my thing...and enjoy doing it.

(hence my blogging)

When I logged in to start this post, my blog showed 201,408 views. It's not like I'm a NY Times best seller, but's not bad for someone simply writing from the heart for her own enjoyment.

My thing is to simply reach out, touch, and make a small difference...all the while, doing something I simply love to do.



Tim has slowly accepted my blogging and kind of think he likes it when I ask him for imput now.

Being honest, our marriage came close to crashing and burning, but didn't.

Believe it or not, I was listening when we took our vows, and there were a lot of them.

We've been through better or worse, richer or poorer, luckily health not sickness and haven't killed each other. We've been true to each other and in it for the long run.

Tim has been very gracious as of late. Luckily I got a job when we were broker than broke which carried us over and moved us to Orlando while he started his new fantastic job.


You give and you take.

You preservere.

You take what life hands you and make the most of it. You do your best and hope Karma finds you sooner than later.

We did...and it did.




It's the power of love.




It's being in it to win it.

It's never giving up.

It's letting go of resentments and looking forward to your future.


It's "Life".

You can win at life or you can let life beat you.

I fooled around, till there was you.





Sometimes thought I wouldn't be..but am.

I'm a winner!

Till next time...Cotton




No comments: