Sunday, November 23, 2014

You Gotta Be Humble... I Think



Boy, did this Mormon get it right.



I'm not sure what religion Dr. Seuss followed but he pretty much hit the nail on the head too.


I've gotten spoiled with this new job.

I used to think sixty bucks was okay for a lunch shift.

Now I think two hundred is, and often make around that.

Here's the things I love most about being a "Lifer / Server."

Number one ,  means you're a gambler. (makes me sound feisty)
Number two,  teaches you humility. (makes me sound wise)

If  had to describe myself would probably use gambler, feisty and humble.

I strive daily to be wise and hopefully get there before they shut the gates and call it a "Sell Out".

Had a few set backs this week, not good.

I've learned to stew for an hour or so then pout for another couple of hours.

Then I think back on how far we have come and how far we can go now.

I think about how lucky I am for two siblings who always have my back.

I think about how blessed I am with three great kids and three loving pups.

I think about how lucky I am my husband still loves me. (I'ts been a tough five years)

The thing is, after a nice self pity pout you need to "Think."

You need to think about the whole picture, and by that mean the universal picture.

I think about people who would happily trade places with me and feel thrilled at their good fortune.






A few short years ago I was writing bad checks to keep our power on because the NSF fee was cheaper than the reconnect fee.

I think about people who wish they even had a bank account.

I think about how lucky my kids are to have parents who are still together.

I think about kids forced to grow up feeling lucky to simply survive another day in squalor and can only dream about having the childhood my three enjoyed.




Sometimes you have to think.

Here's what I think after much careful consideration.

I think I am a very lucky person who simply hit a speed bump in life and wasn't going slow enough.

I think I needed to stop and look around me instead of  at me.

So it's been tough. Big whoop.

Here's my new way of thinking.

In the grand scheme of life on this planet at almost fifty five years of age...all I suffered was a scrap on my knobby knee.



"Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one"









No comments: