Friday, March 28, 2014

Impatient Being a Patient

So the eye is healing up pretty good, wish the inside of my head would. The dizzy spells only come sporadically now but just feel zapped of energy twenty four/ seven.

Yesterday was my day off. I woke up around nine and felt pretty good. I took Zach to work then went by the grocery store. I got home around noon and sat down to watch the news. I stayed on the sofa until four. I started out sitting up but by two was horizontal. Tim and TJ left for work and at least I sat up to say goodbye.

Around six I got up to make something to eat. Opening that can of Spaghettios and waiting the three and a half minutes for them to heat up in the nuclear-wave exhausted me once again.

Around seven I decided to MAKE myself get up and do something useful. I did some vacuuming and laundry. I even mopped the kitchen. By ten I felt like it was well past midnight.

The boys came home from work and I was snug in my bed with my pup, Ham.

This morning I woke up around eight and ate a bowl of cereal Zach brought me, still in bed. I stayed horizontal again until almost two.

I got up when I had to get ready for work. I went into work at four and by nine thirty was exhausted again.

I'm just ready to feel normal again. I used to come home from work close to midnight and stay up until at least two. I'd wake up the next morning and feel fine after five hours of sleep.

I've never had a concussion before and certainly don't want to ever experience another one. It depletes your brain power or at least that is the way I feel.

Hopefully I will start feeling back to normal. I feel like a lazy bum but simply can't shake the tired, worn out feeling.
This is the way I normally feel:

Lately I've been feeling more like this:

On one hand I DO feel a bit better every day. On the other hand, I'm tired of waiting to feel a LOT better.

I need to count my blessings. I took a pretty hard knock to the head and at least am able to write about it. The first morning I woke up after splitting my head open, almost had my son call 911. I didn't experience dizzy spells, I experienced a feeling I've never had before and thought I may have reached the end of the road.

Lucky for me, I survived so guess I need to quit griping about how long it is taking for me to get back to feeling like myself again.

It's after midnight now so of course feel like it's four in the morning. Maybe this knock on the head was God's way of saying to slow down a bit.

Til next time...COTTON

No comments: