Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My Private Utopia... Meager as it May Be


This is my small utopia, my backyard. I sit in it every chance I get. I read here, play with my dogs here and feel more at home here than anywhere else . The woods in the back...the wind rustling through the trees. Looking through the windows as my husband and kids wander from room to room as I view them from my "Utopia" position. I am a lucky woman, who is having a bump in the road. As long as they are bumps and I can look into a house full of love and a family that loves me...the bumps almost seem like tiny "Zits" on the face of life. As small and humble as my castle is, it seems like a fortress to me. I have a husband that is unwavering, three kids that love me even when they don't always show it, and two big dogs that think I hung the moon.


Sometimes you have to step back from problems and look at your advantages. When I looked at this video on my camera, the kids wandering from room to room, I realized how many kids don't even have ONE room to go to, much less two parents that love and provide for them.


Even if I feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders, I finally realize that I am the one putting the weight there. Granted I could use the extra pounds, but I am a truly blessed person. The small things that I have are things that millions and millions of people can only dream of.


I thank God for giving me what he has so graciously given me and will strive to make tomorrow a better day.


I have often said how I believe in Karma... I need to remember that and know that if I live my life to the best of my ability...things will swing back around my way...what goes around comes around.


I will wait patiently for that to happen, and be grateful for what I have in the meantime.



No comments: