Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Boy Who Knew Too Much...Or Thinks He Does

How can you not love this face? He is the sweetest man/boy I have ever met...or given birth to. This is a before pic, he walked in the door thirty minutes ago after letting the next door neighbor's son give him a crew cut. He came in from school today and told me that his Algebra II teacher told him he was her favorite student. I told him if that was the case, "Ask her to pass you".

I don't see it happening a week before school is out. But he is a good kid, just uninspired at the present time. He doesn't drink or do drugs...I could be doing a LOT worse for a kid that is sixteen going to school with 3,000 other teens.

These days I just look for the positive. I told him I would not pay for summer school.. $450.00 for one class. He can tough it up next year or deal with the consequences of his own choices.

I think that he may be rounding the corner, he is begining to realize that the only one he is hurting is himself. As a parent sometimes you just have to let them realize things for themselves and figure their own way out.
My responsibility is to love him every step of the way and to be there when he finally DOES ask for help.

Boy am I looking forward to THAT day!

Will post his new haircut tomorrow...Stay tuned!!! COTTON

No comments: